It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User
ovulating

Hi everyone,

Well I am not new to this board I just haven't been here for awhile. I actually went through fertility and was successful in my treatments. I have a beautiful daughter who is 11 months already....I can't believe it! Anyway, My dh and I are trying for our 2nd little one. My RE told me that we have to try on our own again before we start treatments due to not finding a cause for our infertility. So I never went back on the pill since I had my baby last April, so we have been having unprotected sex for almost a year (june). My cycles are pretty much regular 28-30 days and I watch my cervical mucous for signs of ovulation. I haven't fully done OPK or anything yet but this month was kind of a weird month. Last week exactly 15 days I had EWCM and it lasted for about 2-3 days. I also experienced the pain which I usually get when I ovulate. Today I had it again the EWCM and some cramping. My question is...can I ovulate twice? I am just nervous about the whole fertility treatments again. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go through that again although it was 100% worth all the emotional pain and medications, procedures etc! I wouldn't trade my experience with the world either.

Does anyone have any insights on what is going on with me?

Thanks!
koukla

Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User
Re: ovulating

Hi Koukla congrats on your lovely daughter... always good to hear IF success stories!

I am very new to IF treatments myself and I don't have much info in response to your question but just wanted to say GOOD LUCK and best wishes for a swift and natural BFP for #2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hopefulx2.5 HB User

Hello

What a beautiful story you shared, thank you so much and what a blessing to have a success story. Always encouraging to have a fellow IF sister get her reward and offer us all so much hope. As for TTC for #2, sorry that you are back in the boat with us but so heartening to hear you say you wouldn't trade the experience with the world

To answer your question, I have heard that women can ovulate twice in a month. I wish you lots of success and hoping your stay here with us is short.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Koukla!!

I'm so sorry to hear that it looks like you're going to have to work hard again to get pg w/ #2, but I am so happy to hear from you & to hear that your little girl is almost a year already!!!! Wow, the time flies! I don't know the answer to your question, I just wanted to say hi & wish you the best of luck adding to your family. I hope things happen much easier this time around.

Holly

Old 03-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

Hi Koukla!!!! I missed you! I'm on here too, my daughter is nearly 11 months old...I forgot when your EDD was so I don't remember how far apart our girls are!! It's so great to hear from you!!

I don't know anything about ovulating twice, but have you been charting your temp? That may give you a clue as to what is happening.

I'm also trying naturally for baby #2, in the 2ww with a natural cycle enhanced with acupuncture and herbal vitamins. I'm getting lots of symptoms, so I'm pretty excited!! Good luck!! Maybe we could be pregnancy buddies again!!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User

That's interesting you should ask because I was just looking up the same info the other day.

Apparently you can O twice but it must occur within a 24 hour period. After the first O, the corpus luteum secretes a "thing" (don't remember the name) that prevents the ovaries to O again but it doesn't get the message until about 24 hours later. So yes, you can O twice but only within a 24 hours period.

HTH

Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hey Koukla how are you?Wow I cant believe your little one is almost 1.Man time flies by.Well I want to wish you luck in your journey for baby #2.Well as you can see I am still here and still no BFP .I havent done many cycles though took a lot of time off cause DH and I moved back to greece we only did one try at IUI here and now we plan on doing one more in April or May.If still BFN RE said we should move onto IVF which scares me to death for some reason I guess I am such a baby.I need to suck it up and just face it.Anyway I dont know if you can ovulate 2 times a month but I guess it is possible.Well good luck and I hope you get your BFP.Take care.

Mapia

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the responses, I love this board...everyone is absolutely amazing!

KM~ Elliana will be one on April 9th. I think your little girl is just a little younger???? Anyway, I am thinking about doing accupunture also, did you do it with your IF treatments last time? What herbal supplements are you taking? I really hope to get pregnant naturally and soon! We started to really try a few months ago knowing that it can take awhile. Also our new insurance that I have for residency gives us 50% off fertility treatments so I definately want to take advantage of that while I have it! Good luck in your 2ww!!! I hope you get a BFP!!!

Mapia~ It is great to hear from you. Hang in there...your dream will come true. All the treatments and meds were well worth it...and I wouldn't trade my experience for the world. My little koukla is the best! When do you start your IUI cycle? Good luck and as always I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Talk to you all soon,
Koukla

Old 03-15-2008, 05:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

I did do acupuncture during the last fresh IVF cycle that gave me my beautiful daughter (she was born April 21st). I've been going back since January of this year, and my husband too. I'm actually not taking any herbal meds, but I am trying to go organic and while I was trying to lose weight, I did a protien shake diet. I've lost 22 pounds and I'm 14 pounds lighter than when I first got pg with Ella which was really important to me to be at a healthier weight this time around. The IVF hormones reeked havoc on my emotional eating and water weight. But, my DH is taking a number of different things to help his count and motility, which was the main reason we had to do IVF.
I wish you, your DH, and Elliana all the best!!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Koukla it was also nice to hear from you as well.I am so glad your little kouklitsa is doing so well.I know all this torture we are going through is worth it I keep telling myself that.Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.I do the same for you and your family.I think I will do my last IUI in May cause May 4th I am baptising my friends baby and I dont want to be in my 2ww during the baptism cause you know I have to hold the baby during that and she is already 15 pounds so I am thinking being in my 2ww and holding the baby for so ling isent such a good idea.Well thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.I wish you luck as well.

Mapia

Closed Thread