It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Embryo Transfer Update

Hi everyone. Here is the latest... Of my 21 fertilized embryos, we did not have a single A grade, good looking embie... Not ONE! But we did have 5 grade B's. The other 16 of course were C grade. And here's the deal... I am a bit disappointed overall, but I am NOT discouraged about this cycle. We transferred 3 B grade embies each having 8 cells. We did assisted hatching just to give them a little extra help. I am VERY hopeful that despite the fragmentation these little guys are gonna stick for the long haul. I really do feel positive about it!!!!! The transfer went smoothly and I feel great now... Just lying on my couch with my big fluffy dog chilling next to me and we're gonna watch some baseball!

Oh, and there was a bit of concern about OHSS. When I walked in both nurses touched my belly and said I was def bloated. (Like I didn't know that) They first did an u/s and saw there was some free fluid in my system but it wasn't that bad. There was a bit above my uterus which RE didn't like seeing, but again it was not bad. They said I def have mild OHSS but b/c I feel totally fine besides the bloat and b/c I am passing all of my liquids still, they did let me choose to proceed with transfer. I'm paranoid about the potential onset of severe OHSS, but if I'm being honest with you all, I kinds hope it happens early to mid next week b/c that will be a fabulous sign that I'm preggers.

Good luck to all my friends who are in the 2WW or getting geared up for another go at it (your last go!!!!)! Thx for your support and please pray hard for me and my embabies!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User
Re: Embryo Transfer Update

Kari, I've been waiting anxiously for the update! I'm sorry to hear you didn't have any grade A embryos. But I'm certainly holding out great hope for those 3 grade Bs you put back. I'm so glad to hear you did assisted hatching...that's got to give those little guys some good encouragement to stick around for 9 months!

I'm glad the RE gave you the option to transfer and you were feeling good enough to do it. I'll be hoping you get your BFP without the OHSS! Rest up this weekend with your fluffy friend. I hope DH takes great care of you.

Congrats...I'll be praying for all 4 of you! - April

Old 05-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
(female)

dana78 HB User

Kari, I had my E/T on 04/06, we transfered 2 2BB embies, now I am 7weeks preg with Twins. I was also upset about the grade, but now I am thinking BB means BaBy

Take it easy this 2ww, don't work to hard, don't stress yourself. Eat healthy.

I will be praying for you, can't wait to celebrate your BFP in 2wws.

Dana

Old 05-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Kari,

I'm glad that you are home and feeling well. Rest up with your furbaby, and have DH take good care of you this weekend! Dana's post is a very positive one! I am going to be thinking of you nonstop, and I'm praying that those embies are snuggling in!!

Lots of sticky babydust!!

Love,
Kel

Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Hey Kari-

I def. think this is going to be the one for you! Just because the are a grade B doesn't mean they won't take. THe assisted hatching will help bunches!!!

Make sure you take it easy and drink lots of gatorade and protein shakes!! I have now lost 3 1/2 inches and even though I have a little bit of a belly, the OHSS was def. worth the fact that I'm preggers!!!! Just keep in mind if you do get OHSS that it doesn't last forever and you will eventually be able to enjoy the wonderful thing or things growing inside you!!! It would be a great Mother's Day present, huh!!

Take care and keep us posted,
Teach (April)

Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Dana, I just want to thank you so much for your encouraging post. It couldn't have come at a better time. I know I've tried to put on a positive front but honestly I've spent a good part of the afternoon crying, so fearful that my last try for a biological child may very well fail. Hearing that you are 7 weeks along with twins after transferring B grade embies, well it really made me feel so much better (and also got the waterworks going again). . Congrats to you and wishing you a very smooth pregnancy.

Teach, thank you for your encouragement. I really feel desperate to develop the ohss next week cause I feel that there's no way I could actually get pregnant and not develop worse symptoms. It's good hearing you sound so positive during your continued recovery. I too have been ordered to start measuring my gurth at least once a day. I'm nervous to ask but anxious to know... When did you first start to feel really bad? It was after transfer right?

April, it really made me smile reading how you'd pray for all 4 of us I appreciate your support so much... I've really felt like I could count on you for consistent heartfelt support and encouragement and I can't wait to return the favor as you are now getting your cycle underway!

Kel, thank you for the babydust and your prayers. I'm just blown away that you continue to be so generous with your time and kind words considering you are still working so hard and at the same time so far along with twins!!! Thank u my friend... Thank u so much

Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

Kari my friend you know that you never have to put on a positive front for us we are here for you through the good and bad. Im sorry your embies weren't as good quality as you had hoped, but Im sure they are tough little guys and they are going to snuggle in and grow into your beautiful little miracles. Try not to do too much over the next couple of weeks as the more you do the worse your OHSS will be when those embies implant. Well I cant wait to see you posting your BFP very soon and I wish you all the best.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 05-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #8
(female)

BeesWife HB User

Kari, your transfer sounds like it went well!!

And just look at all those pregnancies that happen with Grade B embies!
I am so excited for you.

Take it easy this weekend!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User

Kari, I haven't posted in a while, sorry. Am taking some time off, but I wanted to let you know that I am really excited for you and am praying hard that those embies will stick and flourish! I have heard numerous stories of grade B embies growing to be healthy babies. Don't lose hope, stay positive and be encouraged that we're all rootin' for you here!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Kari!

I'm so glad you were able to proceed w/ transfer & you now have 3 beautiful embies snuggling inside of you. Don't fear that they are not A grade, B is still very good & I know the assisted hatching will work. I'm so excited for you!! Make sure you take it easy, my friend.

Holly

Old 05-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Kari-

I had my transfer on a Thurs. and it wasn't until the following Tues. evening that I started feeling bad. By Thurs, I was vomiting and had diarreha and they admitted me to the hospital on Friday. It has now been about 2 1/2 weeks since the symptoms started and I am almost back to my original size. (I still need to lose about 2 1/2 inches, but it seems like a lose an inch every other day!) Now that it is all over, it was def. worth it! Just make sure that you take it easy. They may have been part of my problem. I took it easy for about 3 days after the transfer, but then went back to work. I am a 4th grade teacher, so I am on my feet all day. That probably didn't help! Just make sure you are careful and rest as much as you can!!

Good luck, I'm sure things will go well for you!
Teach

Old 05-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

Kari--yippee I am so glad that your RE went through with the fresh transfer. I just wanted to let you know two things, my last transfer I had a little fluid and my E2 was almost 4000, my RE went ahead with my transfer because its what I wanted to and I had to watch for more severe OHHS signs, well I only got bloated and he thinks because I kept drinking smartwater and eating protein I fended it off. I was almost sure I wasn't pregnant since I didn't get severe OHHS, so don't give up hope if you don't get more severe symptoms because you can still be pregnant. We also transfered 1 grade A 8 Cell, and the rest were grade B and C with less cells and look at me pregnant with fraternal Twins. I read somewhere that all clinics grade embryos differently and that a grade B at one may be a grade A at another, since the IVF is all so new the embryo grading really hasn't been streamlined. Also a lot of docs only do 3 day transfers because they believe that the embies have a better chance inside the uterus. Tons of people have been pregnant with less than grade A embies....You have been pregnant twice so you have GREAT chances. Just keep thinking about those embies snuggling into your nice uterine carpet I will be praying for you and can't wait to celebrate in about 10 days Remember anything is possibleAimeeM

Last edited by amelu; 05-10-2008 at 07:49 AM.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Aimee, that was probably a brilliant idea reminding me how you never developed OHSS and still ended up with twins... I think I recall your BFP truly knocking your socks off, more so than most people. DH told me yesterday not to lose hope if I don't get the symptoms cause I was definitely convinced it'd happen if there was implantation. I knew you had only one 8 celled transferred... didn't realize the others were actually graded less than A. I guess that explains why your RE was comfortable transferring so many! So hey, you mentioned on my other thread that you have been seeing a perinatal doctor and your OB... so does the peri just check on babies and the OB will actually deliver? The big day is getting closer! June 10, right??? How do you feel?

Hi Teach. What a relief that your recovery in continuing. Are you going back to work before the summer begins? Well I will definitely be trying to relax as much as I can all week. I guess there is a part of me that still wants to just get the OHSS next week cause I'd take it as a good sign... but I have to remind myself of Aimee's story too. Do you have another u/s soon???

Hey Holly! I saw the thread you started for me when you first didn't see my new one. You are so thoughtful I keep telling myself that these ARE beautiful B embryo's that I came home with. And I recall how when I was in school it was never a "bad" thing if I came home with a B... so why should this be anything different?!

Hey Pinkie, thanks for your note... I know you haven't been on quite as much, so it really means a lot to hear your encouragement. It's a bit easier to keep hope alive when I read all of your encouraging words. How are you doing? Are you in a 2WW right now yourself?

Hi Bee's! Hope you are taking it easy yourself this weekend!

Cashahn, I read your post before I went to bed last nite and it really warmed my heart. I was definitely having a tougher time yesterday evening so I really appreciate your kinds words.

I'm doing okay today... trying hard to soak in everyone's support and wholeheartedly believe that it is my turn. I guess everything considered, this is undoubtedly the best shot I've ever had at conceving in my 3 years of trying. I know this prob sounds stupid, but the 1 and only e-mail in my in-box this morning was one of those stupid you won a foreign lottery things, BUT... the exact title of it was "Finally Succeeded the Transfer" And these emails usually get filtered straight to my bulk mail... this one actually made me smile! I really do hope this transfer is my last

Last edited by Kari15; 05-10-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Kari-

I'm glad you are staying positive! I actually went back to work on Monday. (Lots of rumors about me being pg. since I have the belly!!) We haven't told anyone except a couple of close friends and our parents. Work hasn't been too bad, but I am exhuasted by the end of the day and usually come home and crash on the couch for the rest of the evening. We only have 2 weeks left though!!!

I have an u/s on Wed. My last u/s was just to check my ovaries and the fluid. This is going to be my first actual OB visit with my RE and u/s with him. Looking forward to it and hoping to see a heartbeat!!! I have been a little worried because I don't actually "feel" pg. yet, but I guess it's still early!!

Glad you are still feeling well!! I know when I went to RE office on Wed, there was a lady in front of me that found out she was having twins and she had not had any OHSS symptoms. Remember less than 5% get OHSS!!! So, don't be discouraged and stay positive!!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

YAY for only 2 weeks Teach!!! Will you drop me an update after the next u/s??? I bet you will get to see the heartbeat, tho it's likely way too early to hear it. Don't worry about not feeling pregnant... many of our IF sisters here have gone thru the same thing and all is just fine. Look forward to hearing about your appt on Wed!

Closed Thread