It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Finally got 2nd Beta!

Five longest five hours of my life were totally worth it. Went from 675 Wed to 2274!!!!!! I can breathe a sigh of relief!!! OMG this is now officially the happiest week of my life!!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User
Re: Finally got 2nd Beta!

OMG Kari, thats insane! But in a great insane way!!!!!!How many babies you got in there girl??? I am so unbelievably happy for you that I can't even type straight! You most be overwhelmed with Joy, to say the least! Have a wonderful long weekend. Congrats again! Huge hugs!!!!!
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

OMG Kari---- what a phenomenal number....I am even more convinced you have got more than one in there. My beta 11dpo3dt was 240 and then 13dpo3dt it was in the 500's so yours is super high. I am so so so so very happy for you, my DH says congrats too, he remembers how we cycled together last summer.....and less than a year later here we are both pregnant. Relax and enjoy.....I can't wait until your ultrasound -Have a wonderful weekend.AimeeM

Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I am so haaaaaaappy for you. Wow you ve definetly got multiples in there. It must have been quite stressful having to wait that long when they usually give you quick results. Well as long as you got good news.
Good night.........i am going to sleep more more peacefully now that i saw your post.(Jeremy permitting lol)

Amy

Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
(female)

mrsctw1 HB User

That is wonderful Kari!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy this!!! I hope you and DH can finally be convinced that your babies are gonna be in your arms before you know it!!! Take care of you and your family and time will fly by till your u/s.

Omg!!!! REALLY..... How many are you gonna have!!!!!! What a blessing you hav eon your hands my friend!!!

Congrats again to you and DH!!!!!!!

Crystal

Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
(female)

lovelygal HB User

Wow Kari, we can now officially say your babies because I know no one beanie can kick that high. Congratulations my dear you've got healthy beanies in there. Bake well and take care of the muffins for the next 7+ months. Your long IF journey is finally paying off well. We are here to share the journey and joy with you.
Have a happy and joyful weekend.

Lovely

Old 05-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

We got out of work early today for the holiday weekend & I had to log back on as soon as I got home.

WOO HOO!!!! Excellent numbers, Kari!!! I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your results, but it was definitely worth the wait. Now you can begin your holiday weekend w/ nothing but happy baby thoughts. When is your first u/s? I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly

Old 05-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Oh Kari, I am sick with excitement. I got out my handy calculator and that is more than three times as high as it was!!!! Holy cow! There have to be multiples in there. Now I can't wait for U/S (even though I'm sure you won't find out how many for a while). I'm so happy for you. Please relax and have the best long weekend. You deserve to enjoy every moment of this. No more worrying for you. So what is the next step! Yay yay yay!!!! - April

Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

OMG girls thank you all so much!!!! I just read each and every one of your replies to my DH... He also thinks you guys are the greatest!!!! He just kept smiling when he'd hear the word multiples... I think he'd love twins or even trips so long as they are healthy! OK, I think I'm gonna call my folks... DH told his so now I think I should tell mine. I love you all so much... Thanks for your support and constant encouragement. This rocky ride seems to be proving worth it!!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lahc1 HB User

Hi Kara,

How wonderful!! I just logged on to check on you and was thrilled to see your news! Congrats mommy

Lori

Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Kari-

That is wonderful news!!!! You must have multiples....maybe 3!!! That number is outstanding. Now you can stop worrying and enjoy the moment!! How is your belly feeling? Is the OHSS going away??
Well, I had my u/s today and we still have 2 babies with 2 healthy heartbeats. It is such a good feeling to see them!!! When is your first u/s? I can't wait to find out how many you have!!

Congrats again!!!!
Teach

Old 05-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Lori, thank you so much! I'm thrilled you got a chance to log on! Hey, did you take your trip yet, or is that still to come?

Teach! I am starting to believe it finally!!!! For a while there I was really fearing my BFP would never happen... I'm really hoping I can inspire others who have considered giving up like me. I always thought IVF would work on the first try. I'm still a bit surprised it took four efforts, but now I'm so glad I kept at it. This board has much to do with that... Never once felt alone with the support I had here As for my belly, well it's still swollen and gets sore, mainly crampy, but I do think the ohss has gotten better. I was trying to get my RE today to tell me that my ovaries are getting smaller and the ohss is improving, but all he would say is we need to keep making sure I don't gain weight or have trouble peeing. I've been very successful so far in those areas. How are you doing? Is your OHSS still getting better and better? Are those babies making you nauseaus yet? I do get occasional naseau (I gotta learn how to spell that word ), but I don't know if it's from the OHSS or the pregnancy. Haven't thrown up yet tho, thankfully!

So I guess I shouldn't pretend like I don't think it's multiples... I mean I don't want to count my chickies before they're hatched (pun intended), but these numbers really do seem to be off the chart... even for avg twin pregnancies. It was funny tho... my RE did the u/s today and checked out the fluid in my abdomen and the size of my ovaries. Of course I was dying to know if he would even try to look for sacs at this point (if he did, he said nothing). But it wasn't until after the u/s that he did, for the first time, warn us that there is a good chance we have multiples given the strength of our first beta. Then my nurse chimed in all loudly how not necessarily cause she had a friend with a first beta of 900 and she only had a singleton. But both DH and I saw my RE shoot a glare at her like "pipe it", so we were wondering if maybe his well trained eye did already see something in there. Who knows... maybe it's not yet even possible for a professional, but the books do say that when HCG exceeds 2000, which clearly mine did today, you can see a sac on the u/s. Maybe with multiples tho, you can't.

Anyway, my next step is an ultrasound on Friday May 30th so just a week from today. I'm sure at that point we will see a sac (or sacs) but likely nothing else. I'm so excited. I don't think it'll be too hard to wait... I think the worst of all the waiting is over

For now, my short term goal is to make it thru a nite without waking up in pain or discomfort. Not that I mind, now that I know I've got a healthy pregnancy on my hands!!! But I would love to get some good zzzz's!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #13
(female)

airline HB User

thanks for the explanation on the Beta Kari. Andy a massivecongrats to you and yours.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

OMG Kari those numbers are incredible, I definatley think there is more than one in there. How did your folks take the news I bet they were so excited for you both, I certainly know that I am. Cant wait to hear how your 1st U/S goes. Wishing you all the best.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 05-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

Kari, thats so funny--we are so well versed in all the beta knowledge, I almost told you to beg for an U/S to see if there was more than one sac because lots of RE's actually do the first U/S after the beta number reaches 2000...I mean I am sure you have more than one, but Friday sure can't come soon enough. I hope you are feeling better....tell DH he has to keep treating you like a princess for 9 more monthes till you bring those babies home. AimeeM

Closed Thread