It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Question How long after implantation is there enough hcg for an hpt?

I think I had a little embaby implant on Monday!! I had pretty severe cramping that day, into the night and a bit the next morning. I also had a bit of brown spotting the next day after that. So, my question is...if it was infact implantation, how long after that is there enough HCG to pick up on an HPT? I'm wondering when I can safely test without it being too early? I don't actually have a beta scheduled b/c this was a natural cycle. Thanks to any and all replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Re: How long after implantation is there enough hcg for an hpt?

I just read online: 3-4 days for it to show up on blood test, but 5-6 days for urine. Tomorrow will be day 5 past possible implantation. I was going to try to wait until Sunday, which will be 6 days, which is also about 4 days before AF is to show. They say those early tests can show up to 5 days before (which would be tomorrow) and Im wondering if that's meant for those that implant (by textbook number of days) at 7 days past O (which I did)?? I'm just babbling now...if anyone wants to weigh in on this discussion, please feel free!

Last edited by km7503; 06-06-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hopefulx2.5 HB User

Hello,

I think the HCG level has to be at least 50 to detect on a HPT. That being said, a beta HCG can detect much lesser degrees of HCG. I know that the box and commercials would lead you to believe that it can detect 4 days prior to your missed period. But, I know that oftentimes, our levels may not be that high yet to detect so you could get a false negative. Sometimes, you have to be 7-10 days post your missed period.

I would hate for you to test too early and lose hope. so I would err on the side of caution and see how long you can hold out before testing. But I know from experience, that can seem excrutiatingly difficult.

I hope you the best and good luck

Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi there KM I am really pulling for you.I just dont know when a good time would be to test.If you recall I got a BFP on Monday beta numbers in the 400's and then took HPT that night and was BFN.So then I went in for another beta on Weds and my number was 948.So you see sometimes those things are just so wrong.With a beta number of 400 something and the HPT was BFN its crazy.The funny thing is it wasent even one of those cheap ones I wish I would have gotten a cheap one.Anyway I dont know what to tell you on when you should test but just know that sometimes they arent so accuarte.In any case good luck and keep us posted.Have a great weekend.

Eva

Old 06-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
(female)

airline HB User

We tried to work out exactly the same thing km. Not sure what DPO you are but we did day 10 and got a BFN, but DH made sure I remembered that it could just be too early.

I used Pregnosis. Virgin user for this brand , you put the stick through a foam disc which floats on top of your pee in the container. Kinda like sailing a homemade boat! Anyway, the packet said can detect pregnancy hormone levels as low as 25 IU/L, normally reached 7 to 10 days after conception. (so that's before implantation, for your calculations)

Hope this adds to your decision making.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

I'm confused, I thought you couldn't get hcg in your blood or urine until the little one implants???
I didn't buy a test yet ad I don't have one in the house, so FMU for tomorrow would be out!! I guess I'll try to enjoy the hot, sunny weather this weekend and not think about it!

Old 06-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
(female)

airline HB User

Km I thought the same thing about not until the embie implants re hcg, but I just typed the instructions as per the box.

DH and I have just had big discussion about what I meant and what I actually typed!!! I've confused myself.

Bottom line is conception is before implantation. I read that the hcg level increases after implantation. The test says it can give a result 7-10 days after conception.

Hope that's clearer!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

Maybe it says that ("7-10 days after conception") because most people implant between day 6-10 but usually can't tell exactly when. That would make more sense. I think First Response says up to 5 days early before AF which I guess would be about 9 days post Ovulation, so that's about right then! I still think that's very early!! Even those "5 days early" ones don't have high percentages of people actually getting positive results that early and as the days go on, the percentage goes up.

I've decided to wait until Wednesday to test which is officially 28 days and when AF should show. Then, I won't question if it's too early or not if I get a BFN. If it's a bfn on Wednesday, I'll know it's really a BFN.

Last edited by km7503; 06-08-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Closed Thread