It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2003, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User
Post Pain with Follistim

Help - I am experiencing a lot of pain from the follistim. This is 14 days after I first started taking it, and I took HCG shot on Friday. I am sure that I ovulated on Saturday. But, I have a lot of cramping and it even hurts to sit down and walk. Also, I am so bloated. Anybody else experience this? Could this be hyperstimulation?

Old 03-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #2

RattyG HB User
I felt pretty bloated when I was on follistim but nothing as bad as you describe. The hCG shot, on the other hand, made me feel extremely bloated and crampy and just awful. Do you have to worry about hyperstimulation after you have ovulated? If I were you I'd call my doc just to check it all out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran

dknees HB User
I had similar pain on gonal-f. After the hcg shot, I swelled up so bad that I couldn't sit down at all! It was hell to have to drive (in rush hour traffic no less) an hour to go to the dr's to confirm that it was not hyperstimulation. Just that I had about 12 follies that weren't big enough to get released that were still growing as a result of the residual meds in my system. He said that my ovaries were about 10 times their normal size and the pain (and bloating, I was wearing dh's jeans because mine were excruciating) was just them all trying to fit in the little space. The pain subsided a bit about 2 days before af arrived. I was on bed rest for 6 days because I could not sit long enough to drive into work (I live an hour away) I spent most of my time standing up or lying down. Thankfully, there was nothing seriously wrong with me. They told me I could take Tylenol for the pain, but it didn't really do much for me.

I hope that helps. I also hope that there's nothing wrong, that it's just everything stretching and growing!

Old 03-17-2003, 09:06 AM   #4
Veteran

dknees HB User
Also, I almost forgot! I did have a slight temperature varying from 99-100.1 during that time. The dr said that was most likely attributed to my body fighting and reacting to the pain and growth, but told me if my temps went above 101 to call because it might indicate something more serious.....

Old 03-17-2003, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User
Wow. Thanks for the responses. I called the RE, and the nurse said that it sounds normal, and it is not from the follistim, but from the HCG (sounds like what you guys said). Dknees, you had it really bad! I know what you mean about being bloated. I have never felt this big before in my life. I can push my stomach out and I look pg! Oh well, she said this could last up to two weeks, hope it doesnt. Just makes the 2ww longer.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:27 PM   #6

Emster69 HB User
Poor JodyC Hope you get to feeling better sooner than later! makes for some fun BD when you feel like that,huh? The crazy things we do with our bodies--here's hoping its all for a reason! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
EM

Old 03-17-2003, 06:13 PM   #7
(female)

smsm HB User
Hi Jody
the first time i took the Gonal f and the HCG shot , after 2 days of the shot i felt this hard bloating but this cycle i tried natural intercourse with injectbles , i call the nurse and i told her that my ovaries looks like a baloon , and i can`t stand , she told me come to see the DR right now , the DR did ultra sound and said that this is hyperstimulation and he told me if u r pregnant u will feel more pain he means that the pain will be worse but if the pain get less day by day this means that i`ll have the period , so this is the first time to ask god that i want to feel pain , but unfortunatly the pain disappeares after about 7 days of the HCG

Closed Thread