It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

Nina1978 HB User
Beta on Wednesday and Severe Pain

Hey ladies,
My 2ww is almost over...should be excited, but I'm scared! The unknown is my friend right now because I "could be" pg. Do you think I could take a hpt the day before my beta? That would be tomorrow...yikes! I have some symptoms; slight breast tenderness, nothing sounding could to eat, strong cramping and breakouts, however I don't know whether they are pg symptoms or progesterone side effects. I'm driving myself mad. My other problem is a strong concern of mine. I thought maybe you girls might be of help. Starting yesterday I have had severe lower middle back pain. When I say severe I mean it feels like I'm being stabbed with a knife when I try to move, get up, or sit up. The pain is always there and severe, just worse at those points. Does anyone have any experience with this? Could it be a side effect of the progesterone shot? I found nothing that says it could be. Anyway, thanks for listening, hope everyone is doing well

Kristina

Last edited by Nina1978; 10-06-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User
Re: Beta on Wednesday and Severe Pain

Hey Kristina,

I did feel some back pain during my 2ww as well as cramping, bloating, and your right the progesterine mimicks prg symptoms, but I felt it was different. I HPT on a Sunday and my Beta was Tuesday (Sunday I got a very faint BFP & and I did it on Monday morning before my Beta and it was a stronger BFP) They ended up doing my Beta that Monday @ 9dpt because I had already HPT's with a BFP, and I was there for the routine bloodwork. I am now almost 6 weeks, I no longer have that back pain, so I think to me that must be all the implementation?? Good luck with whatever you choose. Also keep in my I did not do a trigger shot, so that wasn't in my system, so I know you have to wait a certain amount of time for that to leave your system. I read that woman usually will do an hpt and get the positive while the trigger is still in them and then once it's out they get the negative so they know it's out and then redo the HPT around 9-10dpt. It seems like a lot to put yourself through.
And also I read the backs of most of the HPT and first response had the best detection rates for lower level HCG. I hope this helps, I will check back for your Beta.
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

RwL HB User

Hi Kristina,

My 2 WW is almost over too, I'm supposed to go in for beta on Thursday morning but am going on Friday instead. That 24 hours is going to be the toughest but somehow I'll get through it.

Last week I had some slight-to-moderate "pinches" in my lower stomach area and I've often read that many people also had that symptom and got a BFP. I had that on-and-of for a few days but it stopped (which has me slightly worried). My breasts were tender when I started taking the prometrium suppository but that has now gone away. I'm a little concerned about that since many women had tender breasts when they got their BFP. I'm beginning to have very slight cramping and bloating...which you guessed it...has me slightly worried that I'm getting AF. Bottom line for me is....I'm trying to not drive myself bonkers in trying to figure this all out. We've been told by so many women that early pregnancy has many similar symptoms as AF.

I haven't had any severe lower back pain...I really couldn't even begin to give you a good explanation for that. I am not taking the progesterone shots so maybe that is some type of reaction to it? It sounds important enough to call your RE.

If you do the HPT just realize that there can be a false negative/positive so mentally prepare yourself for good or bad news. And if it's bad realize that it ain't over until you get your beta results in.

Jessica

Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Hi Nina, Just wanted to check in with you and see if you've heard about your beta. I hope you're out celebrating good news. Hope to hear from you soon! - April

Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
(female)

Nina1978 HB User

Well I'm very happy! but a tad bit fustrated with my clinic. So I woke up this morning and took a hpt and got a BFP!!!!! then an hour later took another one, and still a BFP!!! I was pumped and went into my local Dr. (3 hours from RE) for my beta. I was waiting on the results before I posted on here. It was 4:15 so I tried to give them a call and the nurse called back. Turns out they got my results, but they check it again on Friday then they call me. I asked if I could PLEASE have my numbers and she said I could on Friday, that they never tell anyone until the 2nd beta so they can compare and know that it's a viable pregnancy. I feel I still have a right to know, but I guess until then I have those hpt to keep me happy! Oh and my back feel a lot better, still hurts but better. They check me for hyperstimulation and I'm good they. Thanks for all the support!

April, thanks for checking on me.

Kristina

Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Congratulations Kristina!!!! As you said, at least you've got those hpts to tie you over until Friday. But I do think it's crappy that they won't give you your numbers...afterall, it's part of your medical record. But, Friday is tomorrow already! Can't wait to hear the results. Also glad your back is feeling better! - April

Last edited by douglasap8; 10-09-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User

Kristina I am so happy for you. I totally think that stinks you can't get your #'s, April is right it's your info, you should be entitled to it. BUT you got your BFP on the HPT and since you did it twice I think thats awesome, thats a wonderful way to tie you over Please post and let us know your beta # when your Dr. is kind enough to release your info to you!! (My RE never gives me my # til I ask, which is bizarre, like why won't we want to know). Congrats again. I kept my 2 BFP HPT's and still look at them frequently

Old 10-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP!!!! Wishing you a happy and uneventful 9 months ahead. Looking forward to hearing your numbers tomorrow. Just keep looking at those HPT's.

See you on the other side.
Charlene

Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
(female)

Solange3000 HB User

Kristina, big congratulations, I'm so excited for you, I also have PCOS and I know how frustrating it is for us to get pregnant and deal with all of the symptoms of PCOS. But you did it, I'm really happy for you. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

CONGRATS Kristina I am sure you numbers are fine if you are getting a positive HPT.Friday is almost here so tomorrow we will hear the numbers.Will look forward to hearing them.Take care and keep us posted.

Eva

Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to hearing your numbers today. I'm so excited for you!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #12
(female)

Nina1978 HB User

Thank you all very much for all the congrats and warm thoughts!! and bouncy things!! I went in at 8:30 am and I'm trying to wait very patiently. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the support!

Old 10-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

Congratulations I wish you all the best

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Closed Thread