It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
Veteran

old flo 1 HB User
Post bikram aka hot yoga and infertility

Is anyone out there doing bikram or hot yoga ?
It is yoga done in a 100 degree room.
26 asanas done in a specific order .
you sweat alot but it feels AMAZING !!
I just started getting into it before I started going through infertility treatments . I was doing regular yoga 1x a week and bikram 1-2x a week max . I spoke to the bikram people about infertility + they said yes hot yoga is good for the endocrine system - good for infertility - keep doing it . RE said he was worried about the heat + dehydration + to keep the hot yoga to a minimum . Well the last 2 cycles I have been on injectables + did not go to hot yoga the whole time but went to regular yoga 1x per week . this is my drug free month ( cept for robitussin) I feel fat + bloated + my skin is HORRIBLY broken out + i'm feeling some what toxic . I want to try going back to hot yoga but I am worried its not good for infertility
The yoga people are going to say is fine cause they want your $$$$$.
Any Ideas ?

Old 04-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

tmerone HB User
Old Flo,

I did one Bikram yoga but did not really like it as it was so damn hot. I almost feel asleep in the end on a smelly old mat. If you feel good doing it then I would. As far as the bloating, etc. I started drinking the coconut water that minouche talked about a couple of weeks ago and I feel better. Even during the injectibles, I did not bloat. I also drink tons and tons of water all day long. Maybe more water will help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 07:28 PM   #3

Minouche HB User
Thumbs up

I have been doing Power Yoga since 2001 and it helped me A LOT.. the room is heated, we sweat a lot, but I am not sure if it is 100F...I have no complaints at all against it. I got pregnant twice doing Yoga, and it helps me to get more relaxed.

My Yoga instructor know about my infertility problems, and she always tells me which asanas are good for my condition.

Also, Yoga was the only thing that made me lose weight (I lost 10 pounds before taking glucophage xr and 15 more pounds after starting gluco)..

------------------
Minouche
PCOSer - diagnosed in Sep. 2001
TTC - 4 years
DH - internet miracle
Glucophage XR 1500mg/daily since 04/2002
two m/c
currently on the 2ww - testing on 08/17

Old 04-23-2003, 07:31 PM   #4

Minouche HB User
Thumbs up

tmer - so have you found the coconut water? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif) that is so nice! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif) I hope it helps you! ;o)

flo - for the bloating, besides the coconut water, I also make fresh pinapple juice and eat lots of watermelon.

Minouche
two m/c

Old 04-23-2003, 07:48 PM   #5
Veteran

old flo 1 HB User
Thanks guys.
What is the coconut water + how does it work ?
is it diferent from coconut milk ?
Where do you get it ?
are you all feeling bloated ?
My skin looks horrible as well !
thanks again -you guys are so great !

bloated Old Flo

Old 04-23-2003, 08:05 PM   #6

Minouche HB User
flo,

coconut water is the water that comes inside of the coconut. In Brazil, and all tropical countries I guess, it is very common to drink it.. it is delicious and wonderful for our health. Besides other things, it works as a diuretic preventing us from getting bloated.

Here in South Florida, I buy coconut in a farmer's market near my house and DH cuts it and get the water out for me. It has helped me a LOT to ease the side effects from Glucophage.

two m/c

Old 04-24-2003, 11:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

tmerone HB User
Hi Old Flo,

I found the coconut water in the grocery store. Goya makes it. It is not from Brazil but I figure since it is from the young coconut it must do some good. I went online and read some things about it. Full of minerals and potassium. Supposed to be really good for digestive tract also. I have noticed that I did not bloat during my injectibles and now I am on progesterone and still not too bad. I have noticed my stomach getting flatter which the coconut water is supposed to do. I am also working out more so that could be it also. signed up for a beginner yoga class on Wed. nights and start pilates tomorrow. Also bought some fertility herbs and will be doing robitussin next cycle. Hoping all this health sh-- works!!

Old 04-24-2003, 05:29 PM   #8
Veteran

old flo 1 HB User
" hoping all this health SH---- works"
You are not kiddding !!!
Good luck to all of us !!!

Closed Thread