It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

myinspiration HB User
husband had urologist apt today - doesnt look good

Well we went and he confirmed what the other urologist did 3 years ago. He has 1 vas differin. Well he told us that he was going to check his hormones and if they were low he could put him on 25mg of clomid. We wont know the results until next week. He said that it is only 1/3 rd of a chance it will improve the count. Thats only a little over 33%. That sure isnt much hope. We have a 10 year old and we werent trying when we got pregnant. I was 22 at the time. Then we got pregnant after trying for 5 to 6 months when our second child. I was 28 at the time but he died at birth. I want another baby so bad especially after mybaby died. I got pregnant again july 06 but miscarried. The dr said that my husband probably had low sperm count all his life but i was in my 20s and its easier to get pregnant by a man with low sperm count in your 20s. Im a little mad at my husband. Not because he has 1 kidney (my son died of no kidneys), not because he has 1 vas differin (which the dr said it could cause his sperm to be cut in half), not because he has low sperm count. The reason Im mad is because the dr said we could of probably had more children if I was in my 20s. I am 33 now and he said that after the age 30 womens eggs age and its harder for us to get pregnant by someone who has low sperm count. Im mad because when my 10yr old was 2, I wanted another baby and fought me on it for 3 years. He finally agreed when my son was 5 but then it took us 5 to 6 months to get pregnant. He treated me bad when i was pregnant because he didnt want anymore children. He would say, u got what u wanted. Then my baby died. Now i feel like he got what he wanted, 1 child and 1 child only. I sit here a cry for my baby that died. If only he was here i wouldnt be feeling this way.
People tell me all the time, if u have another baby it will help u with the lost of your baby. I know thats true but i havent been able to have another one. Do u think Im wrong for resenting my husband? I feel so bad about how I feel right now.
He has been wearing boxers and taker fertilityaid for around a little over 5 weeks now. His sperm count is 8 million. Is there anyone else going through this?

I wish i could afford IVF but my hours at work has been cut in half and i only bring home around 200.00 a week. Im suffering and there is no jobs around my area.

Last edited by myinspiration; 10-22-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

CocoandBB123 HB User
Re: husband had urologist apt today - doesnt look good

Myinspiration:

I am sorry that you had to go through this. My husband's sperm counts are also low, around 10~11 ml, motility is 40~50%. We went to see urologist too. The doctor said he has varicocele and ordered a kind of DNA test from SCSA lab. We should know the result next week. I am determined to do IVF next year, it's too stressful in the past two years trying to conceive and hurt our relationship too. I am going to be 36 in two months and I have no kids at all.. ;O(.. The good thing is that my insurance company covers the expenses. I understand that you current financial condition doesn't allow you to do IVF. I noticed online that there's some financing program and loans for IVF, allowing people to pay back in installments and so on. You should check it out, if it's still too much for you, maybe you should give you guys more time, you are not 20s, but you are only 32, that's still pretty young.
Anyway, good luck to you, lots of baby dust.

Coco

Old 10-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

myinspiration HB User

have you tried iui? Im thinking of giving that a try. They said chances are low though because of the sperm count. none of my friends understand. I feel so angry.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
(female)

CocoandBB123 HB User

I tried IUI 5 times this year!!! Four with Clomid and one with Gonal-F injectible. Trust me, I would not want to go extreme to do IVF if other ways worked. I was very very disappointed with IUI. 5 BFN!!! It really broke my heart. But you should give a try since you've never tried it. You never know.

DH is also taking supplements, Fertility Blend, COQ10 (you should put him on this one too) and Maca, so 4 or 5 pills a day. He didn't like taking them, but I give him a massage every day after he takes the pills as reward.
Sigh, men....

Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
(female)

myinspiration HB User

did the vitamins help his sperm count go up?

Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
(female)

CocoandBB123 HB User

Well, he started taking Fertility Blend since March, then I added COQ10, Maca, and extra L-carnitine since July. His count was 10m, 11m, 32m, 20m, 19m....so there was some kind of progress, but not consistently higer, and I am not sure if it was anything to do with supplements. Besides, it didn't help to get me pregnant anyway.. ;O( But there's no stop now. He started with 2 pills, then 4, now 5 or 6 a day, yes that's quite lot, but I have to make him do it.

Closed Thread