It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
Veteran

0603david HB User
Post Vitex herb helped me get pregnant!!

I am 26 years old and had a hard time conceiving my son. My basal temperature showed that I was not ovulating at all. I had 3 cycts on my ovaries also. I tried clomid for 1 cycle and it didn't work. After 1.5 years of this I decided to try the herb Vitex and also took 81mg of baby aspirin a day. In a month and a half I was pregnant and all my cysts were gone. Some people swear by herbs, I am now a believer. I am now trying for my second baby and again my basal temp is not up. I just went and bought some Vitex again. Wish me luck!!

Old 04-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #2

JodyT HB User
0603david,

Where did you get the Vitex and/or where did you get the information about it? I am on Clomid right now and I am not sure if it is okay to mix herbs and traditional meds together. But vitex sounds interesting

Jody

------------------
Baby Dust To All!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2003, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran

Temperamental HB User
Hi, I've also been using Vitex for about 3 months. I'm trying to get my AF back after the depo shot. I don't know whetheror not it has done anything . I got AF in January, still waiting for it to come again. Temps are dropping and I'm getting alot of cramps. Last shot was at the end of Oct so I'll wait it out a few more weeks before I see my DR. You can buy Vitex at any health food store like Hi Health or GNC.

Old 04-08-2003, 04:01 AM   #4
Veteran

0603david HB User
You can not mix Clomid with Vitex. That warning is posted wherever you read about Vitex. I got Vitex from a GNC store. I also took 81 mg of baby aspirin with the Vitex.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2003, 05:56 AM   #5
(female)

plm10467 HB User
That sounds really interesting I have never heard of it can anyone use this, with out side affects. What are the side effects if any?

Old 04-08-2003, 04:03 PM   #6

Emster69 HB User
How do you know it was the Vitex that did it? Do you have statistics on its effectiveness? I am very skeptical of herbal remedies as they are not overseen and regulated by the FDA--there can be different concentrations of the herb from pill to pill so you don't know always what you are getting. I'm not sure "natural" is always better....but then again, I'm not sure about any of this infertility stuff.

Old 04-08-2003, 09:44 PM   #7
Inactive

tazink HB User
Emster,

I have to agree with you. I am very skeptical about treatments that have not been tested. I was all ready to try an herbalist and talked to my doc about it and she said that there are numerous proven birth defects that have shown up by taking herbal meds during pregnancy and while trying to conceive. I am sure she is a little biased for the more traditional meds but still it makes ya wonder.

The traditional meds haven't worked for me either so who knows whats right and what is wrong. Best of luck to all of you though no matter what form of fertility treatments you chose and undergo.

amy

Old 06-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #8

95neongirl HB User
humm..do you have to take aspirin with vitex...

Temperamental..what were your results!

Old 06-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #9
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
WOOHOO! Another Vitex success story! I am currently pregnant right now thanks to Vitex! 12 years of unexplained infertility, and the only thing that could possibly have helped was the Vitex and Royal Jelly.

0603David - have you considered taking Royal Jelly as well? It's not an herb, it's a whole food, but it is sold at GNC as well. It helps to improve egg quality.

LOTS of luck to you!

Old 06-19-2003, 11:55 PM   #10

cinderellastory HB User
If Vitex is taken with Royal Jelly, should the baby aspirin also be taken. what are the benefits of the aspirin????? Over 5 years of trying, I will try it.

Old 06-20-2003, 03:20 AM   #11
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
I took Vitex twice a day and Royal Jelly once a day. It's recommended that you take Vitex for at least 3 months. The Royal Jelly is for egg quality.

As for the baby aspirin, I've been told that it helps reduce blood clots, which could lead to a m/c. My doctor right now has told me that it does more, but it's a long story. So I just take it. She's a high risk OB, so I trust her.

Good Luck! Hang in there, we ttc for 12 years and it finally happened. All of the RE's told me that there was nothing wrong. It just wasn't happening

Keep faith and keep on trying!

Old 06-20-2003, 04:55 AM   #12

cinderellastory HB User
Lightbulb

How often did the Doc recommend the baby aspirin? I will know next week if my first month of clomid was successful. I did read on the board that taking the clomid along with the vitex was not recommended. Do they counter-act each other. Thanks for your insightful reply. I am amazed of the support people here are offering. Many Thanks

Old 06-20-2003, 06:20 AM   #13
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
The doctor said ONE 81mg. aspirin (baby aspirin) per day. If you forget, none is better than more. So don't double up the next day if you forget.

The Vitex and Clomid mixed together could be dangerous together.

Good Luck!

Old 06-20-2003, 06:28 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

autumnleaves HB User
Pumpkinpatch, I started the Vitex and the Royal Jelly based on your post to me on the other board. I just read that you took two Vitex per day? I've been taking one per day as recommended on the bottle. Why two per day? Should I up my dosage? And also starte DH on L-Arginine...only because I've read of it here. What does that do for him?

Old 06-20-2003, 07:07 AM   #15
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
Hi Autumnleaves! I took 2 a day for the first month just to boost my system. If I remember correctly, my bottle said one or two a day. I took one in the morning with my Royal Jelly and one at night. Do you have the fingerprinted one from GNC? If not, maybe that is what the difference is. Hmm.

As for L-Arginine for your husband, that is good for increasing sperm count, and overall virility. Does dh have a low count or low motility?

GOOD LUCK!!!! I've been wondering how you were doing!

Closed Thread