It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2003, 10:34 AM   #1

trybaby HB User
Post What will make me ovulate besides clomid?

Hi,
I always have irregular periods and nowadays I don't get periods at all.
My doctor thinks that I might have PCOS.She gave me provera for getting periods and then I took clomid from CD 3-9. Based on the BBT chart it looks like I ovulated on CD 20. I got my AF on CD 35.
I'm not taking clomid this cycle. Is it possible that I might ovulate without clomid?

what else can make me ovulate??

Thanks in Advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #2

mindyakamindoo HB User
Clomid will help me ovulate the month that I take it and the next month. It usually doesn't work the 3rd month out. But, everyone is a little different. This might or might not work for you.

Time will tell.

One other pill that could make you ovulate is Femara. It's pretty new and many docs won't prescirbe it yet. Otherwise you need injectible medicine to make you ovulate (Gonal F, follitism, repronex, and there are many more.)

If you don't have an LH surge on clomid, but you are producing follies, then ask your doctor for one single hcg injection. The clomid will cause your follies to devleop and the hcg injection will release them. (YOu need ultrasounds to do this procedure.)

Good Luck,
Mindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2003, 07:00 PM   #3

Vino HB User
Hi trybaby.
Like Mindoo said injectable drugs can also make you ovulate. But they are a step after you've tried oral meds first. You mentioned that your doc thinks you have PCOS. She they test you with bloodwork or by u/s or lap? My OB said that a clear dx of PCOS can be made by bloodwork. Apparently, your FSH levels should be at least triple of your LH. If the reverse is true, then you have PCOS. Apparently that's a telltale sign.
Anyhow, I wish you luck, and lots of babydust.

Rose

Old 07-01-2003, 09:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Mindoo HB User
Ask about glucophage also. It's a pill to make your insulin more effective. If you insulin is more effective, it will cut down on you male hormone, and reduce the effects of your PCOS. For some women, glucophage helps them to ovulate on there own without the need for ovarin stimulation drugs.

Closed Thread