It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
(female)

RwL HB User
In the 2WW and Don't Think This Cycle Worked

Hi Ladies,

I'm coming to the end of the 2WW, go in for Beta this Friday and I just don't think this cycle worked. I'm not feeling anything, no sore breasts, no pinchies or cramps, no implantation bleeding....just nothing. My DH keeps reminding me that many people have no symptoms at all and that we just won't know until Friday. But I just have this feeling that it didn't work. Maybe I'm trying to convince myself it didn't work so that the let-down will be a little bit less...who knows.

Does anyone have a BFP stories with absolutely no symptoms that they want to share. Maybe that would cheer me up some....

Well, I hope you all had a good weekend!

Jessica

Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User
Re: In the 2WW and Don't Think This Cycle Worked

Hi Jessica, Please don't give up yet. Honestly I didn't have much for symptoms, other than what I normally had from the meds. And to this day sometimes I do and dont and I am 16 weeks. Just try and remain positive. You had a good transfer. The 2ww is almost over. It is so stressful and I won't lie and say I didn't feel the way you did every second of that 2ww. Just wait and see Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
(female)

RwL HB User

Hi Lisa,

I'm trying not to "stress" too much about the waiting around. I've been ok in that department, work has kept me busy and running errand doing errands too. It's just this nagging feeling that I can't shake...that this didn't work. And like I said before...maybe I'm just trying to convince myself it didn't work so that it won't be as big of a letdown instead of thinking that maybe it worked and having a huge letdown.

The one and only thing that I think I'm feeling is this strange tightness across my lower belly. It feels like my muscle is contracting but from way deep in my stomach area. I can't really tell if I'm imagining this but it's not anything I recall feeling on a daily basis.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

M77W HB User

Jess, stay positive, dont let the evil of the 2ww get to you. Thats why the 2ww are so famous to play with your hopes and dreams. The embryo is so small at this time, that there is hardly any chance to feel anything, and this goes for most women out there just becoming pregnant. All this symptoms that we may feel are just medication side effects, or just your body trying to recover from all the poking around from the past weeks.
Dont give up hope, I am rooting for you and for your precious embies.
Babydust,
Mady

Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #5
(female)

RwL HB User

Thanks Mady. I've been through this a few times before so you'd think I would know the routine by now! All around the 2WW just sucks.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
(female)

CocoandBB123 HB User

Jess:

I am praying for you, don't give up yet.

Coco

Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
(female)

Jayme82 HB User

I just wanted to wish you luck! I have had two BFP's via IUI a couple of years ago, and I did not have any symptoms at first either, unfortunately they were both tubal pregnancies so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Also keep in mind that it is not uncommon for you to not begin having any symptoms until about 6 weeks or so.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Jayme

~BFP via IUI Jan '06- Ectopic pregnancy
~BFP via IUI Aug. '06- Ectopic pregnancy- lost both tubes
~IVF Feb. '08 - beta 2/16 - BFN
~FET June 24th - BFN

Old 12-24-2008, 06:11 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User

Jess, I 100% agree with Mady, just stay optimistic. I moved so I am not sure when I will have internet access over the holiday but know I am thinking of you and praying this cycle works for you.
Lisa

Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

I had no real symptoms during my 2ww, looking back I did start belching during but thats it, I was pregnant with twins so hang in there, you can totally be pregnant and I will say some prayers you get a nice fat BFP on Friday.AimeeM

Old 12-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Jess just wanted to let you know as well.I agree with the girls most women get no real symptoms this early.I had an IUI back in May it was my 8th IUI.Day before my beta I got some brown discharge so of course I cried that whole day almost dident go for b/w but DH told me I had to......lol.So went in the next morning for beta I told the nurse its a BFN and that I was doing DH a favor by going in for beta.I was a wreck got into a fight with DH etc etc.So I get the call pretty quick that day and it was my RE himself on the phone I was like what is he doing calling me.He asked if I was ready to hear some good news.I said good news???????He said yes well we have a BFP sweetie I was speechless tears came down my face I was numb.Then he said we have some strong numbers we might have twins or triplets in there.I lost it he kept asking if I was there and if I was ok.So he said to come in 2 weeks for an u/s we found out we had twins 2 little h/b's beating away so strong it was amazing.I know its hard to stay strong trust me I know after 7 failed IUI's I was about through with it.So here I am almost 34 weeks pregnant with twins boys and scheduled c-section at 37 weeks....... I keep telling women not to give up cause I know how hard it gets.After 2 years of TTC and another 1 and a half going to RE for help switching RE's after 6th failed IUI it finally paid off.I am such a believer that god never forgets he might put you on hold but he wont forget.My friends little boy asked me why I have 2 babies in my tummy and his mom only had 1 his sister in her tummy.I said because sweetie god had me on hold for so long that he sent me 2 babies for my patience.Ok sorry this was so long but I wanted to share my story and give you hope.GOOD LUCK tomorrow hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

Eva

Last edited by Eva77; 12-26-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Jess, Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck today. I hope you're able to come back with some great news to share. Hang in there! - April

Old 12-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #12
(female)

RwL HB User

Hi Ladies,

***REMOVED**** I went in for the beta today and low-and-behold....BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY *&^%%$^&%$&^%$^%!!!!!!!!! My number is 611, we go in on Sunday for second beta.

I really don't know what to say, to think, to feel. Of course I'm over the moon but I guess I'm just still in a total state of disbelief. I'm also now worried about miscarriage cause we are not out of those woods yet. And trust me when I say that it wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility for something to go wrong...we always seem to be in the bad stats. So for now, I'm cautiously optimistic

Last night I had a smidge of brown discharge and some light cramping so of course I was convinced that this round didn't work and that I was getting AF. Although I have to admit, there was a small kernel in the back of my mind that thought it was implantation bleeding since I never got AF until after stopping the prometrium. The brown discharge has stopped but I still have a little bit of very dull cramping which teh nurse said was normal.

Of course the question that DH and I now have is single, twins....or possibly triplets? We have looked at a couple of different beta websites and I fall way on the other side of the bell curve for a singleton and just over the bell curve for twins and triplets. Eva....what was your number with your twins?

I hope you all had a great holiday!!! Thanks again for all of your babydust wishes and positive thoughts. I'm not out of the woods just yet so I'll still be around

Jess

Last edited by Mod08; 12-26-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: inappropriate = do not comment on moderations.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS WOW reminds me of my BFP your story almost matches mine.But with me i was so convinced I had a BFN I stopped the prometrium day before beta.....lol.Ok well my numbers were 440 so yes my guess is you have a big possibilty for multiples with those numbers.Stay positive I know its early but I was so positive the whole time and even my doctor says my attitude had a lot to do with my good pregnancy.Just believe that everything will be fine.Ok congrats again I am so happy looking forward to seeing you over on the pregnancy board.Take care and looks like you got your xmas gift a day late......

Eva

Old 12-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

Congratulations!! What a beautiful wonderful gift this holiday!! You are blessed and it sounds like you've been blessed with more than one! Enjoy every moment!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #15
(female)

RwL HB User

Thanks so much Eva and KM! It's 10:00 here and I'm still in total disbelief. I think it's going to take a while for all of this to sink in. Eva....your first beta of 440 was on what day? Today's beta was on day 15 so DH thinks that if we tested yesterday the number would be much less. We are totally in sync on twins but he's freaking out over the possibility of triplets.... Also....do you know what you are allowed to do and not allowed to do in terms of exercise? I like to work out and can't find any type of "do's and don'ts list."

Closed Thread