It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

Baby Bound HB User
Is there a waiting period after a failed IVF?

Hi tntbaby,
I had one failed cycle of IVF over the Holidays and I go back to doctor on Thursday to discuss the next course of action. I was wondering if there is a waiting period before you can go through IVF again. I would like to start again as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Babybound

Old 01-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
(female)

RwL HB User
Re: Is there a waiting period after a failed IVF?

Hi Baby Bound,

You can jump right back into a new IVF cycle assuming that you just got BFN as opposed to having an ectopic or miscarriage. Regardless of whether you are going into a FET or fresh cycle you will have to wait until you get AF and then starts meds again. So while you are going right into a new cycle there is about a month and a half to two month lag.

Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
(female)

tntbaby HB User

I agree with Jessica's answer completely. Although both my failed attempts were considered miscarriages so I had to wait a bit longer. Between my 1st IVF and FET, I think I only waited two cycles or about 3 months. So that is not very long. I have seen some posts here where they start the very next month. I would just caution that you might want to let your body have a little break and make sure your cycle is back to "normal," but that's just my opinion. Do you have any frozen eggs or will it be fresh cycle?

Old 01-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

Baby Bound HB User

Thanks,
AF started on Saturday and I go to the doctor tomorrow to see what the next step is. I see what you mean by "skipping" a month. The earliest I would be able to try again would be Feb.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
(female)

Baby Bound HB User

Thanks for your input,
I swear I am going through some kind of withdraw from the IVF meds. All week I have had wicked hot and cold flashes to the point that I caught a head cold. Also for some reason I am really run down.
With my first IVF I didn't have anything to freeze so this too will be a fresh transfer. I'm a little nervous about going to the doc tomorrow. I hope that she can shed some light on the reason for the failure and I hope there is nothing else wrong with me. They transferred 3 embryos and we were kind of surprised that all three failed to implant. I did some research on the whole process and after speaking with the ladies on this board I am much better prepared and have a better idea of what to ask the doctor.

Thank you for your responses!
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Babybound

Old 01-25-2011, 05:54 AM   #6
(female)

Sheida HB User

Hello ladies,

Is that normal if I miss one cycle after failed IVF?

Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
(female)

shirleyann26 HB User

my experience, you have to have a normal period atfer a failed ivf and the jump back on the horse and start the pill and med cycle again after- i feel like it is rasonable to say you can accomplish 4 ivf's (maybe 5) in a year depending upon your results- good luck!

Closed Thread