It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

festivus HB User
trigger shot timing

Hi, Ladies!
As you may have read in another post, I just went through my 3rd unsuccessful IUI. I am not doing any treatments this month but I wanted to get in to see the doc for a consult before my cycle starts in September. Unfortunately, due to my vacations and his during August, I can't get in to see him until September 11. So, I'm turning to you ladies with one of my questions! For those who have done IUI with a trigger shot, what was the time BETWEEN giving yourself the trigger shot and having the IUI. I have read so many different recommendations online that I don't know what to think. Mine have been about 12-16 hours apart, but I see some recommendations that the IUI should be 24-48 hours after the trigger shot. Also wondering how many of you did 2 days in a row of IUI (i.e., trigger shot Monday, IUI Tuesday, and another IUI Wednesday). Did you request this or did your doc? If it was your doc, why was it recommended.

Thanks, Ladies! You're always so helpful!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User
Re: trigger shot timing

First Iui I got the trigger shot that morning and then IUI right after and than the next day. Second iui was this morning and yesterday. I got the triigger shot on Sat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

sandy1227 HB User

festivus- Sorry to hear about the - this month. We went in to see the doc after IUI #3 as well just to see if it was time to move ahead and go to IVF but she suggested that we try 2 more IUI's and then go to IVF.

I have always had the trigger shot the day before all 4 of my IUI's, the only time I had back to back IUI's was when the sperm was frozen and not fresh. I had also asked my RE is we did fresh should we do back to back IUI's and she said there is no data that suggests that your chances go up.

I wish you luck in your next steps. As for me I am 10 days post IUI #4. I am getting more and more nervous as this week goes by. BETA is on Friday, wish me luck. Keep me posted and good luck with the doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
Hi, Ladies!
As you may have read in another post, I just went through my 3rd unsuccessful IUI. I am not doing any treatments this month but I wanted to get in to see the doc for a consult before my cycle starts in September. Unfortunately, due to my vacations and his during August, I can't get in to see him until September 11. So, I'm turning to you ladies with one of my questions! For those who have done IUI with a trigger shot, what was the time BETWEEN giving yourself the trigger shot and having the IUI. I have read so many different recommendations online that I don't know what to think. Mine have been about 12-16 hours apart, but I see some recommendations that the IUI should be 24-48 hours after the trigger shot. Also wondering how many of you did 2 days in a row of IUI (i.e., trigger shot Monday, IUI Tuesday, and another IUI Wednesday). Did you request this or did your doc? If it was your doc, why was it recommended.

Thanks, Ladies! You're always so helpful!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
(female)

jenndeann HB User

festivus,

When I did it a couple of years ago it was 36 hours after and it was successful. I was told by that doctor and by my doctor that I have now that it should be done 24-36 hours after the trigger shot.

Good Luck! I am hoping for my IUI to be done on Saturday. I took Clomid for 5 days and tonight I did my first injection of Repronex. I take that for another two nights and then I get an ultrasound and that is when they will determine when to take the trigger shot. I am hoping I will be ready for the trigger shot Thursday. Even though I have a wonderful healthy 2 year old son I am still nervous for it to work again.

Good Luck everyone.

Closed Thread