It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User
Anyone doing an IVF cycle in October?

Hi everyone!

Had my consultation for IVF today. Doing my day 3 b/w Thursday and then scheduling all the other pre-testing for me and DH. Using a new protocol this time - the Antagonist approach. No BCP or Lupron. Will actually start in October so I was wondering if anyone might be joining me? It's always great to have some support when cycling.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
(female)

sandy1227 HB User
Re: Anyone doing an IVF cycle in October?

CBB,

I will be joining you, we are going in on the 25th of September to go over which raoutine the RE wants to use for us and also which Uterine ultrasound they want to do to cheack out everything. Will get all my meds and everything at that point, the nurse mentioned to me on yesterday when she called to tell me that the BT was negative for my 5th IUI. So we are set to start everything on the 17th of October since thats when the next IVF cycle starts at my doc office. It will be nice to keep in touch and support one another. Take care and keep me posted.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBB View Post
Hi everyone!

Had my consultation for IVF today. Doing my day 3 b/w Thursday and then scheduling all the other pre-testing for me and DH. Using a new protocol this time - the Antagonist approach. No BCP or Lupron. Will actually start in October so I was wondering if anyone might be joining me? It's always great to have some support when cycling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi Sandy! I am so glad you responded to my post. I was beginning to think I was the only person out there cycling in October.

My RE cycles patients continuously so my IVF cycle will be based on the arrival of AF which I am estimating around the Columbus Day holiday. I have to call the nurse with my September AF so we can get on track for ordering meds and working out the insurance. I was originally going to cycle this month but my ER and ET would have been the week I am on vacation of course

I am so happy to have someone to cycle with although I am sorry your IUI didn't work. I know how frustrating that is. Let me know how your appt. goes and I'll let you know my estimated date for stimming and all the other good stuff when we figure it out.

Here's to BFP's this fall.

Looking forward to others joining us in the Fall IVF Club

Old 09-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
(female)

sandy1227 HB User

CBB,

Hi there, good to hear from you! Yes it is nice to have someone else out there who will be going thur the same process. I was very nervous before about doing the shots but I have come to terms with that. I dont know how i will react when we go in for the training at the doc office...it may really hit me at that point. How a re you doing with that? Will keep you posted after my visit on the 25th.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBB View Post
Hi Sandy! I am so glad you responded to my post. I was beginning to think I was the only person out there cycling in October.

My RE cycles patients continuously so my IVF cycle will be based on the arrival of AF which I am estimating around the Columbus Day holiday. I have to call the nurse with my September AF so we can get on track for ordering meds and working out the insurance. I was originally going to cycle this month but my ER and ET would have been the week I am on vacation of course

I am so happy to have someone to cycle with although I am sorry your IUI didn't work. I know how frustrating that is. Let me know how your appt. goes and I'll let you know my estimated date for stimming and all the other good stuff when we figure it out.

Here's to BFP's this fall.

Looking forward to others joining us in the Fall IVF Club

Old 09-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
(female)

sandy1227 HB User

CBB- Did your doc do a hysteroscopy? I had mine today ...was not bad...I expected it to be way worse. All ok just a little inflamed so was given some antibiotics.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi Sandy!

I had an HSG and a Sonohysterogram, but not a hysteroscopy. I am glad yours went well. All of my tests were painless thankfully.

So I spoke with the IVF nurse yesterday and we are set to start stimming on 10/12, assuming AF comes on 10/11 as expected. She said E/R could be as early as 10/23 if all I need is 10 days of stimming. I was a low responder for my first two IVF's so I think I will probably end up stimming 14 days. I should expect to hear from the billing dept. regarding what my insurance covers by next Tuesday. That's important for me.

I have never been able to do my own shots. It really distresses me and I actually pinch my thigh skin while DH injects and it seems to distract me better that way. Some of my meds really burned and had me in tears so I just couldn't handle that while jamming the needle in. When I did the PIO shots I used to ice my butt for 15 minutes first. I am not sure which meds I get this time because we are using a new protocol. Do you know which meds you are using?

Your appt. will be here soon. I can't wait to hear how it goes. We'll be stimming at the same time so that will make it go faster.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
(female)

sandy1227 HB User

CBB-
Hope you are doing well. Glad to hear from you. Yes my hysteroscopy went well and it was not as bad as I had thought. A sonohysterogram and a hysteroscopy are very similar. I have my IVF consult next Friday and then wait till Oct to have cycle and them move forward. Will be back in touch after next friday since we will know which meds I will be on then. Have a great week and talk to you later.
Sandy

Old 09-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi Sandy.

Spoke with meds nurse today. I am getting Follistim and Ovidrel among other things. Should arrive tomorrow for my inspection. Need to clear space in the fridge.

Big decision time for me.......I have to decide if I want to freeze any extra embryos by the day I start stimming because payment is due that day ($730).
Last time I froze and then ended up donating so I kind of wasted my money although if some other couple has a child now from that donation I don't feel it was a waste. I really can't afford it now so the decision might be easier than I think.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
(female)

kmscher HB User

CBB - I struggled with this decision too. I was about to make it myself but ended up having my IVF cycle cancelled. I can't give any advice but I agree that it is a tough one. Whatever you do it needs to be what you are mist comfortable with. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
(female)

lukafoo74 HB User

I might be too depending I what I hear from the doc tomorrow. I will let you know!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Every step of this process is just plain difficult from decisions to physical issues to emotional issues

Got my huge box of meds today. Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Estradiol, Doxycycline, Medrol, Crinone, my IV anesthesia stuff, etc.

This will be my first time using the Follistim pen. I used syringes last time. I have to admit I am a little bit creeped out by the pen. I know it is supposed to be easy and convenient. Anyone like the pen and had good experiences with it?

Lukafoo - the more the merrier for October cycling. I would of course hope you were lucky and wouldn't need IVF however if you do I look forward to hanging out with you here.

I am going on vacation for a week starting this Sunday - hoping to relax and rejuvenate before all the craziness begins.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
(female)

AME38 HB User

CCB, I used the follistime pen for my last two IVF. It is nice in a sense that you don't have to mess with syringes and draw up our sample. However, I thought that it was harder to push the pen versus the syringe when administering the drugs. Also, I did not like to hear the clicking sound the whole time the drug was being administered. I had to get 300 units each time and the clicking sound seems like it lasted forever! So, there are both good and bad with the pens. Good luck with your stim cycle this Oct

Old 09-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
(female)

lukafoo74 HB User

So my doc approved IVF, we go in next Tuesday for the consultation. I was supposed to get my period today, so I don't know how that works with the timing of everything. I've pretty much gone through all of the testing, so I don't know if there will be anything additional. Let you know. Good luck everyone. I did IVF as a donor, but it was over 10 years ago, so I don't remember the exact process. Lots of shots!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
(female)

Kylie80 HB User

Hi just found out my IUI was a BFN... So we now move on to IVF now over the next week once af comes , am a little scared but I'm kind of prepared as I had to injectables with my IUI, bit aprehensive about everything at the moment must be because af is comming

Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
(female)

sandy1227 HB User

CBB-hope you are well. I went for my iVF consult on last Friday all went well. I am going in on next Thursday for my MOCk Transfer, BW and my teaching session with the nurse for the injections. I will get all my meds on Friday just had a call from the pharmacy...toatal # of meds is 10 there were so many names that I just could not write them all down. It was just too much for me to handle. Will let you know once I get them. I am getting a bit nervous now since AF will be here end of next week...so i know the time is approching closer. How are you holding up?

Closed Thread