It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

AME38 HB User
Anyone had BFP without any early pregnancy signs

Hi: I am wrapping up my 2ww after my ET. Actually, it was just a 9 day wait ... but it feels like it is forever! Anyway, I had some early preganncy signs at the beginning (such as sore breasts), but these symptoms are fading.

I read on-line that some of these signs could be due to the drugs and it may not be indication of BFP or not. I am wondering has anyone ever had a BFP, but no early pregnancy signs before the blood test? I am going crazy here! I am worry that this is not going to work again.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
(female)

andvari HB User
Re: Anyone had BFP without any early pregnancy signs

I can't say from personal experience but everything I read says in general, symptoms usually only pop up around week 6. Those who feel it before are lucky. Tests are so quick to read bfp that there isn't nearly enough hormones surging yet to kick in all the fun pregnancy symptoms.

Good luck.. I hope you do get a bfp! But don't think the lack of symptoms is a definitive sign of a bfn.. I know many women who hadn't felt anything until a few weeks after their positive test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
(female)

AME38 HB User

Thanks, andvari. I was hoping that this time would feel different than last time since last time was BFN ... and it scares the hack out of me that I don't feel any different right now. But you are right ... most people don't get any symtoms until week 5-6. Thanks again for your reply. I need that reminder sometimes

Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi!

My second IVF was BFP and I did not have a single pregnancy symptom at all. Absolutely none and I was so discouraged since my first IVF was BFN and the second felt just like the first. I was sure it had failed. But I was wrong so try not to stress too much about symptoms - it could drive a girl crazy Incidentally I never had a day of morning sickness nor did I have sore boobs or an increased need to pee so I never had those symptoms which I thought most women have. I was so confused

I am sending positive thoughts your way for a great big BFP!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
(female)

AME38 HB User

Thanks CCB for your encouraging words. They mean so much to me. I do feel better after reading about your experience. I hope I will end up with a happy ending like you did. Thanks again!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
(female)

angeleyesss HB User

AME38, hang in there.. I understand how you feel and what you feel like. At this point we are desparate to see signs and feel nauseous and feel dizzy and knock off ... arent we? I am in the same boat. I am 5wk3d pregnant and not feeling any crazy symptoms. Just the same old sensitive boobs story and on and off cramps which have subsided now. Although today my taste buds have been acting really weird, honestly dont feel like eating anything.

So dont worry too much about symptoms and stay positive...You will be in my prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME38 View Post
Thanks CCB for your encouraging words. They mean so much to me. I do feel better after reading about your experience. I hope I will end up with a happy ending like you did. Thanks again!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
(female)

AME38 HB User

Thanks, angeleyesss! I am trying to keep myself busy with work, but it's not working that well. I have an acupuncture appt tomorrow, so I hope to be able to relax then. Less than 48 hours to go before beta!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
(female)

AME38 HB User

Well, I couldn't help myself this morning. I had one last HPT left at home so I decided to take and it's negative. I am just hoping for a miracle tomorrow at the beta.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #9
(female)

Rae37 HB User

Sorry Amy, try not think too much into that yet. I know others have said they have gotton neg HPT and they had a positive BETA. Maybe your body just hasn't produced enough of that hormone yet.
Let us know.

~ Rae

Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #10
(female)

angeleyesss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME38 View Post
Well, I couldn't help myself this morning. I had one last HPT left at home so I decided to take and it's negative. I am just hoping for a miracle tomorrow at the beta.
AME38.. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. dont rely on the hpt's taken at home. Stay positive! keep us updated.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Good luck AME! I agree with Rae in that there have been plenty of people on here who had negative hpt's and then got a positive beta. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. I am really hoping for good news for you.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
(female)

kmscher HB User

Keep postive! You never know until your beta! Good luck!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
(female)

AME38 HB User

Hey girls, just want to let you know thta my beta came back and it's negative. I wish I know why, but they have no idea why it does not work. Very frurstating!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
(female)

kmscher HB User

I'm so sorry Amy! I know how crushing it is. Keep your head up. If you decide to keep moving forward with more rounds, just keep positive thoughts.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this news. I know what it feels like and my heart breaks every time a woman on this board has a cycle that doesn't work out. It is so frustrating. Allow yourself time to regroup and talk to your RE to see what he thinks went wrong. If you decide to proceed please know we'll be here to support you. Try to be positive because one day soon you will have success.

Closed Thread