It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

just_married HB User
Questions About Ovulating After Clomid

It's 5 days after my last (50mg) clomid pill. I took it from days 3-7 of my cycle. I am now on cycle day 12. Yesterday I had some mild cramping on my right and left side. The cramping felt like little twinges. I have been using ovulation predictor test strips every morning and I have not gotten a positive result on those strips to indicate that I am ovulating. Also I do not have any EWCM. Could it be possible that I will be ovulating in the next few days? My periods are very irregular. My last cycle started on day 36. Before that I didn't have a period for almost 2 months. So when should I expect to start ovulating? As per my Dr's instructions, my husband and I have been BD'ing every other day since Monday. We are also using Pre-Seed (sperm friendly) Lubricant. Any answers will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

PosThoughts HB UserPosThoughts HB User
Re: Questions About Ovulating After Clomid

I am not sur eif this helps but when I was on Clomid, I did not have normal ovulation symptoms like I did when I was tracking it prior to the Clomid. I did you an ovulation predictor and that is how I knew. Couple things to be careful of, make sure you are testing first thing in the morning, you need to not have gone to the bathroom for at least four hours, also I hear som ovulation kits do not work when you are on drugs, My Dr. said to use ClearBlue Easy digital ovulation kit. This one works even if you are using clomid or other stimulation drugs. Not sure if this helps your situation but good luck.

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
(female)

Khandii HB User

Hi There,

Do you have PCOS? The pain you are feeling are your follicles growing. Clomid tends to make you ovulate a little later then a normal person with a regular period would. When I took it I ovulated on day 19. I was told not to use Lube because it could have a reaction with your liquids and your husbands liquids. I was also told to do it from days 10-20 every second day. The cm won't start until a couple of days before your egg releases and clomid also make you dryer so some people won't get much cm.

Also if you have pcos most times the ovulation predictors don't work.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
(female)

tictactalk HB User

I have PCOS and been on clomid but I have not experience pain during ovulation so I can't even tell whether I am ovulating.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
(female)

Khandii HB User

the pain isn't really from the clomid. The last time your body tried to ovulate it probably didn't so the follicles are still in your ovaries and when the new cycle came and a new one started growing it didn't have as much room and that's why it caused the pain. As long as it goes away you are fine. I am normally in pain for about 4 days or so and then boom it's gone and that's how I know it ovulated because the pain is gone.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
(female)

tictactalk HB User

I only feel cramps on the days that I am taking clomid but after that, no other pain felt. Does the pain feels like when your mens is coming or is it different? I just hope I can get pregnant this time.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
(female)

Khandii HB User

I find it's a different pain but I am really in tune with my body now. It's a pain in your ovaries and I know for me I get really bloated and sometimes the pain is so bad it hurts to walk or sit or do anything.

How long is your cycle normaly?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #8
(female)

tictactalk HB User

Since I was put on Provera, I am on 31 days cycle for the past 2 months. I feel some pain inside my abdomen but I wonder if its ovulation pain

Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
(female)

Khandii HB User

what cycle date are you right now? My cycles would be anywhere from like 30-40 days so my doctor said to do it every second day from day 10-20. If you know your body and you notice a huge increase in slippery cervical mucus and it's stretchy like egg white then do it everyday on those days, you should only get 2 days where it's really stretchy.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
(female)

tictactalk HB User

I am on CD19 as of today. I am not feeling any changes except mild abdominal cramps and some sore breast. But its not really noticeable.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
(female)

just_married HB User

Well I went for my cycle day 21 Progesterone blood work and I'm waiting for my doctor to call me to tell me what's going on. In the meantime I am able to see what my lab results are through a website my dr's office has. Anyways, my Progesterone level was only a .52 from what I've been reading on the computer, that is extremely low. I'm so scared and worried cause I have no idea what that means!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #12
(female)

Khandii HB User

it sounds to me that you probably didn't ovulate. I don't know too much but I know I went for blood work a couple of days after I had ovulayed once and my progesterone was at 4

Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
(female)

just_married HB User

I finally heard from my doctor. She said that my progesterone level is nothing to be worried about and it could mean that I just didn't ovulate. My cycles are normally at least 36 days long. So, she told me that if I don't get my next cycle by next Friday (which will be cycle day 36) she wants me to come in for a pregnancy test. She said that I could have ovulated later then the cycle 21 day bloodwork. I am not getting my hopes up. Cause I'm starting to feel the symptoms that I usually get a week before my cycle starts. Also, if I do start my cycle she will bump up the Clomid to the next highest dose.

Last edited by just_married; 04-14-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #14
(female)

Khandii HB User

50mg of clomid didn't work for me so they had increased it to 100mg and I did end up getting pregnant off of that. I did have crazy side effects with the 100mg of clomid though.

Closed Thread