It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #16
(female)

prayingforone40 HB User
Unhappy Re: TTC IUI after 40, waiting for period to come...?

Hi Everyone,
i am new to posting, but have been perusing these sites for the last 4 months...i feel like a silent stalker so thought it was time to put my fears, questions, frustrations up here since i dont really have anyone that i can talk to about this except my husband, hes wonderful ...but sometimes you just need another women in the same situation to understand.

I am 39, soon to be 40 in September, have controlled type II diabetes, hypothyroid, taking Clomid 50 mg for the last 3 cycles. i have had excellent response as far as making mature follies:

#1 cycle = 1 @ 1.11; progesterone 3.7 (some sort of ovulation?? per ob)
#2 = 3 follies @ 1.78, 1.83, 2.3; progesterone 18.5 (definetely ovulated)
BFP on CD29 -but blood test was negative, started AF next day (chemical pregnancy???)
#3 = 5 follies @ 1.97, 1.47, 1.55, 1.66, 1.32. progesterone CD 21 = 4.5, then CD 23 = 23.9, BFN on CD 26 & cd 29 yesterday....still waiting for AF....

Husband is 35, hypertension but otherwise good weight, healthy, SUPER sperm, but not children

i already have a 19 1/2 year old son, but would like to have just one more child, God willing. It is very frustrating that everyone around me seems to think this is a bad idea that i am trying to get pregnant at my age....all my friends already have 3+ kids each so they're done...they dont understand.

Sadly, i think my OB feels the same way, i feel that she is only helping me to "passify" me "whatever happens" type of attitude, so i am seeking guidance from an RE hopefully this cycle (waiting for appt).

Its nice to know i am not alone, i look forward to talking with you all and picking your brains for info and experiences, support
Clomid 50 mg 3 cycles

DH: 35
no kids
SUPER sperm!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #17
(female)

MT3 HB User
Angry Re: TTC IUI after 40, waiting for period to come...?

Hi I'm new to this board and can completely relate. Your story mirrors mine exactly. I'm so unhappy at the moment, trying to stay strong but with one failed ivf I really dont have the strength or the funds to try again.

Why is it so hard and so expensive. All I can think of is giving up

Old 08-31-2010, 02:41 AM   #18
(female)

MT3 HB User
Re: TTC IUI after 40, waiting for period to come...?

Yup feeling the same I have a fibroid too large 10cms i recently had ivf which didnt work was devestated but getting support just from reading these boards. I dont think that its being obsessive just supportive.

It may be harder for us but we need to satep it up with the determination. As Amy (NYC) says infirtility, or fertile problems as i like to say, happens to women of al ages. So, lets support and be DETERMINED!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #19
(female)

MT3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanddebbie View Post
Hello:

I also am in my 40s (43 years), my DH is 43 also, has excellent sperm factor, my problem is one missing tube and one scarred tube, so it's the tubal factor.

We went thru one IVF cycle that went pretty well, I was able to produce two beautiful and high rated embryos that were fertilised and put back in and day 2, unfortunately they didn't implant. We were so devastated b/c we were so sure it would work. We don't have any children, but are hoping to try IVF one more try. I have had all my blood workups and everything has come back negative, we meet with our RE again in July and hope to start another cycle in August.

Glad to see others in their 40s that are going thru the same as me. Sometimes I feel so alone like there is no one I can talk to. Most people my age don't understand b/c they already have children or are on to other things in their lives. (sigh)
Nice to chat with others that understand though.

Thanks for listening
WOW Island Debbie your journey sounds so similar to mine these boards are really giving me hope. Have you started your 2nd cycle yet/ What will you attempt to do differently?

Please hang in there and let us know how you go

mt3

Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #20
(female)

Ohmigosch HB User

hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been mia for a while. DH and I have been on a break..... and when I'm on a break, I try not to think about it or obsess....

Some of you, my hearts break for you. It truely does, because I truely know how you feel. I wish I had the right answer to give you what your heart needs, but for me, the only help was laying complete trust in God.

Don't ever. ever. ever give up. ...speaking from experience, while my DH and I were on a break, guess what? We got pregnant! UNBELIEVABLE, and I'm still in shock. I thank God everyday He hgives me with our new little baby growing inside. I know I have a long way to go, so I take it one day at a time. We are 7 weeks preg. Seems even wierd typing it.

PLEASE ladies, don't ever give up. During these past 4 months I felt like throwing in the towel. Trying to psych myself up for what it's going to be like to never have a child. ..to not be able to afford everything it would take....and just take my losses and go home. you know? I never did completely give up and just kept praying and trusting in the Lord and what His will was, and not my own.

I will continue to pray for each and every one of you. Baby dust to you all!
-Barb

Me: 40
DH: 30
waiting to start IUI #4
never had BFP
hypothyroidism 137mcg

BFP 7 weeks and 1 day:bounci ng:

Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
(female)

MT3 HB User

Wow oh my gosh! This is amazing news and sends hope to us all. Thanks for sharing. Can i ask which fertility problems you were experiencing? This is a miracle, so they do happen. Congratulations once again mt3

Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
(female)

amynyc HB User

OH BARB!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!! I will be sending you lots of baby vibes! It is such wonderful news... I know the feeling of seeing that positve HPT! Enjoy every minute BUT PLEASE rest! REST!!!

As for me.... I think I am starting to take back my control of the fertility process... I was discourage to find I had stage 3 endo and that it took 3 mc to finally go in! I turned 42 on Aug 15th and was in a panic to be pregnant.. I also was coming to terms with my last try of the Menupor and IUI. If that did not work I would have to look into IVF with donor egg... All of this sent me into a deep depression... I rested up after my surgery and just got AF post surgery.. Instead of using my last Menupor and IUI, I have decided to use 50mg of Clomid and natural bedding. WHY?? Because I am not ready to use up my last chance and something inside knows if I ovulate I have a good chance... Along with acupuncture and chiness herbs! Today is day 3 of clomid.. Oh And alot of prays...
Best wishes to everyone.... AND a big baby dust to all

Amy

Closed Thread