It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2001, 05:45 PM   #1

wannabmom HB User
Need help in calculating ovulation

Hi,
Need help in calcualting ovulation. TTC x 6 months (almost 40yo)have had regular periods every 27 days. BUT in december had very light spotting (not bright red) on day 14 & 15. Now it is day 31 and no period. (preg test negative, blood & urine) How should I calculate my cycle. Should the spotting be considered my period???? Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance for any help

Old 01-17-2001, 09:32 AM   #2

alazay HB User
Re: Need help in calculating ovulation

I would not count that as your period if thats not how your usual period is. If a women does not have her period, it is unlikely that she ovulated. You can buy ovulation sticks from the store, to see if you ovulate. If your period does not start soon, I would go visit your gyn. If you are trying to become pregnant, I suggest the fertility monitor. It is very helpful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2001, 07:26 AM   #3

SaraBLJ HB User

I would also recommend doing temperature charts. This way you can pinpoint ovulation.

Best of luck!

------------------
Sara
Mom to Megan (3)
Brenna Lynn stillborn @ 36 weeks Cord Accident 5/23/00
m/c 1/01
TTC cycle #8

Old 02-06-2001, 12:36 PM   #4

Vicki HB User

Hi-My husband and I have been through the infertilty "scene" for about 7 years now. One method taught to us for determing ovulation was the Creighton Model. It seems like a accurate way as the women keeps track by listening to signs from her body. I have blocked tubes so this is not helpful for me-we were considering a surgical procedure at the time I was taught this, but I still keep track just in case.... I don't believe I can give you info like doctor or institute, but if you want it email me at tcroyman@nvc.net
Good luck

Closed Thread