It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2001, 12:09 PM   #1

gg1 HB User
***Alazay***

Hi there,I read your post about blocked tubes and just thought I let in a little light on the subject,I consider myself an old pro on the tubal IF topic,lol.
I had blocked tubes since I was 19 due to a ruptured ovarian cyst and I am 34 now so they have been blocked for a long time.I had a tuboplasty surgery to try and unblock them and fix the damage.They did unblock them but said that they had been closed for too long so they were left damaged.We ttc for 7 months and still nothing so I had a HSG(the dye) test which does hurt but nothing you can't stand,just take the Advil like they say so it then showed one tube closed back up and had a hydro( toxic fluid in it) so I opted to have it removed and now only have one tube.Well I did try fertility meds cause I don't seem to ov on my "good side" but still nothing so off to IVF for me.I think that my tube is far too damaged to get me pg even though it is open.The cilia(little hairs in the tube that help the egg along) is damaged too and my fimbria(fingers that grab the egg from the ovary) are also damaged but all this doesn't mean that everyone has all this damage,I have talked to a few woman that had the tuboplasty surgery and 2 are pg now so don't give up hope.There is also always IVF and yes it is expensive.If you insurance co covers the tuboplasty I would try it and if it covers IVF I would do that instead but if it doesn't cover any I would do IVF,I wish you all the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2001, 08:39 PM   #2

alazay HB User
Re: ***Alazay***

Thank you so much for taking the time out to give me the info. I hope so much that I will be okay, and will someday concieve like normal people!

Closed Thread