It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2001, 03:39 PM   #1

Cayman HB User
IUI/Follistim/Ovula. Pain

Just went thru first cycle of Follistim, IUI. I had 5 follicles w/IUI on day 12 (36 hrs) after HCG injection. At about 48 hours after HCG I had excruiating pain in lower abdomen. I broke out in a cold sweat/vomited from the pain. My dr. said this was from ovulation. Has anyone else experienced that kind of pain? Is this normal? Also, do you think the IUI was done too early, i.e., we missed it by 12 hours? Dr. said no. Day 26 I started full period. We are considering trying again? So expensive. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2001, 09:20 PM   #2

JJWray HB User
Re: IUI/Follistim/Ovula. Pain

Dear Cayman; I always have terribly excruciating pain when I ovulate. I think mine is from my blocked tubes though. I really knwo it when I'm ovulating on the left rather than the right. The left is more blocked. Yes. It is aweful. You cannot sit because it hurts, all you could do is roll up in a ball, while your husband wonders what the heck is going on. I feel for you, sister. Sweats, nausea, throwing up... the whole thing. People thought I was crazy when I told them I could "feel" when I'm ovulating.
Have you had the HSG (die) test to check the openings of your tubes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2001, 03:40 PM   #3

alazay HB User

I have to have that test done in a few days. Can you tell me your opinion on the pain during the test. Tell me the truth, because no matter how painful you say it is, I will still do it.

Old 02-17-2001, 04:20 PM   #4

JJWray HB User

it's really not that bad to tell you the truth. it's more discomfort than pain. like a heavy menstral period all at once. Once you're off the table, it's light cramping for the rest of the day and that's pretty much it. That was my experience anyway. It really didn't suck too bad. I would tell you if it did. I will tell you that the surgery on the tubes I've had is very painful. 6 weeks recovery and believe you me, I was in pain for at least 4 1/2 of it! The die test is nothing to freak about. Like I said, it's more discomfort than pain. You'll be fine. Let us know how it turns out.

Closed Thread