It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2001, 12:30 PM   #1

Beebs HB User
If you have these symptoms tell your doctor...

I visit this board every now and them and posted this info on the "old board" but that was a long time ago. It took me years to get diagnosed, so I hope I can help someone.

My symptoms:
* longer than average cycle (35 days)
* Intense food (meat mostly) cravings a few days before my period.
Most importantly:
* Severe "contractions" 1-2 weeks before period. Not cramps but contracting of the uterus lasting about 15-20 minutes each time several time a day and waking me up at night. They would start slowly and build to a painful climax which would have me doubled over or stretched out on the bed. Then I would feel some relief come on as the pain waned slowly. They would also come on after emptying the bladdr, bowels, or having an orgasm.
* Not being able to carry past 8 weeks.

Many years ago one doctor just told me "all women get cramps" and every doctor seemed to brush me off. Finally after 3 miscarriages one took me seriously and scheduled a laporoscopy. I was diagnosed with adenomyosis which is a rare condition (oh lucky me) where the muscle and gland tissue of the uterus grow together and make "bumpy tumors" - I had a couple dozen. The uterus on the outside looks like a bag of marbles instead of smooth balloon like it should.

Anyway, I tried one more time to get pregnant with careful observation, but miscarried again and had a hysterectomy.

This condition is believed to be caused by excess of estrogen or deficiency in progesterone (hence the longer than average cycle). My doctor and I believe that had it been diagnosed early enough it would never have progressed as far as it did as progesterone supplements could have saved my fertility.

So, if you have these symptoms, please get a laporoscopy and discuss treatment with a GOOD doctor who will make an effort to research this condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread