It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2001, 07:37 AM   #1

qanda2 HB User
Blood Test / Pregnancy test

I have gone through IVF twice. The first led to a miscarriage and now my second is uncertain. I just had my pregnancy test done and the results were that they weren't sure if my blood test was positive or not. They said it was a very low positive so I have to go in againg in 4 days and take another. Does anyone know what the minimum blood level is for a pregnancy test to be assumed

Old 02-23-2001, 05:20 PM   #2

p_lessa HB User
Re: Blood Test / Pregnancy test

I too went through 2 IVF cycles. First one resulted in a miscarriage and the second was at first a low positive but went down to negative a few days later. An HCG level of 5 and under is considered negative. Anything over a 5 and over is a positive but under 20 must be repeated because it does not necessarily mean a true pregnancy. My second time my HCG level was 13 so I had to do it again a few days later. They want to check to see if it doubles. As long as the numbers are doubling this is a good sign.
I hope this helps.
Good Luck!
My prayers are with you!

Patricia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2001, 03:16 PM   #3

qanda2 HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p_lessa:
<B>I too went through 2 IVF cycles. First one resulted in a miscarriage and the second was at first a low positive but went down to negative a few days later. An HCG level of 5 and under is considered negative. Anything over a 5 and over is a positive but under 20 must be repeated because it does not necessarily mean a true pregnancy. My second time my HCG level was 13 so I had to do it again a few days later. They want to check to see if it doubles. As long as the numbers are doubling this is a good sign.
I hope this helps.
Good Luck!
My prayers are with you!

Patricia </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too came out negative. :-( We haven't decided what we will do now. It is just so expensive. I don't know how some people do it 5, 6, 10 times??????

Old 02-28-2001, 03:17 PM   #4

qanda2 HB User

Mine too came out negative. Mine was even lower than yours, 3.7 . Big let down. Don't know what we will do next. It is so expensive. I don't know how some people do this over and over again.??!!

Closed Thread