It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2001, 06:59 AM   #1

Candy HB User
No support

I don't know what to do. I had the Depo shot for a year and have been off it for quite awhile. I can't get pregnant and when i did I had a miscarrage. This has happened about a month ago. I am very depressed about it and my hormones are going crazy. I am getting no support from my boyfriend or my family. My mother hasn't even called me and told me she was sorry. They tell me i am being obsessed with it all . I am on the net researching it all and reading everyones stories. I guess i feel as if i am not getting it from my love ones i can seek help from people with the same problems.
I do have an 11 year old son and they tell me i should be blessed with what i have.

Well sorry from my venting

I just don't know what to do anymore!!!

The horror stories i have read about depo scare me and i have the same symptoms as the other that have had the shot.

Old 02-09-2001, 12:11 PM   #2

starshadows HB User
Re: No support

Candy: First off, welcome! I think that you will find here, at the very least, sympathetic people (male and female) who always have time to lend a kind word or offer some encouragement. Still others have great suggestions as to what you can ask your doctor as well as alerting you to different medical procedures that may help you.

Secondly, I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know you feel alone right now, and that you are so depressed (and its OK to have these feelings!!). Take you time and grieve. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, you are allowed.

There are those here who have suffered through many miscarriages (bless them) and those, like me, who have had only one. One or twenty, it's never easy.

As for not receiving support from your family, well, you know your family best so I have no advice to offer, simply that I hope you will find someone close to lean on.

Please know that the people here are ready and willing to listen to you if you just need someone to vent to.

I hope you feel a little better today and with this note I'm sending you many warm thoughts.

Sincerely,
Starshadows

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2001, 03:52 PM   #3

Susan66 HB User

Candy, I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had one several years ago and I must say I was devastated. I had been trying to get pregnant for three years and then when I finally did I never gave miscarriage a thought but then it happened (while I was on vacation no less) and I still to this day think about it but I must say it isn't as painful. I think people don't know what to say when you have had a miscarriage. That is what I experienced. Don't be too hard on your family. No one can truly know the pain of miscarriage unless you have been there. Keep the faith. I went on to have another child after my miscarriage, so there is hope!! Susan

Old 02-09-2001, 03:58 PM   #4
(female)

LA HB User

Candy - Welcome!!! You never have to apologize for venting here, thats what we are here for!! You will find the people here to be extremely understanding - It has helped me so much to be able to talk with others who are experiencing the same heartache as I am. You can also get great info here too!! Sorry I don't know much about Depo, so I can't help you there. I just want to let you know how sorry I am for the loss of your baby. If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here!!!

Old 02-09-2001, 05:05 PM   #5

lesliep HB User

Hi Candy, I want to tell you that my sister did the depo shot and it messed her up in more ways than one, alot of side effects...but, she also now has 2 beautiful sons with no problems at all! I do know this, it is reccommended that you wait atleast 3 mo's to try and conceive after any kind of hormonal birth control witch includes that shot. I don't know how long it's been for you, but you want it to be out of your system. Some couples it takes a year after birth control, I don't think it should take much longer than that.? Also, go to the post of "A few helpful tips" I posted some helpful things there and so did some other wonderful people here, you could learn something and you never know if one of those little tricks might work for you! I've been through the "baby loss" nightmare and I know how bad it hurts, it's like a dark cloud over your head that never goes away, any infertility feels like that, appreciate your feelings, although it hurts, you deserve to grieve. Good luck to you. Leslie

Closed Thread