It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2000, 04:45 PM   #1

p_lessa HB User
Period Non Stop

I sometimes have regular periods but soetimes I bleed all the time. Midcycle and after sex. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any herbs out there that I can take to stop all this bleeding. This is driving me crazy and makes trying to conceive very difficult on top of everything else.
I hope someone can help me.

Old 11-28-2000, 05:53 AM   #2

starshadows HB User
Re: Period Non Stop

Hello. First off, you need to talk to your doctor. Constant bleeding is not natural. Bleeding after sex is not natural. Before you attempt any herbal remedies, you need to speak to your doctor. The bleeding could indicate a problem and taking herbs might not be the way for you to go until you diagnose the problem.

A good herbalist will tell you its better to treat the illness, and not just the symptoms (like bleeding).

See your doctor first, find out if there's a problem, then talk to her/him about possible herbal remedies. If your doctor is reluctant to prescribe herbal therapy, then find a licensed herbalist in your area. By then you will be armed with the knowledge of WHY you are bleeding and hopefully the herbalist can put you on the right track.

There ARE herbs out there that can help with irregular periods and heavy bleeding (such as Lady's Mantle, but avoid during pregnancy). However, I am NOT an expert and I would not dream of telling you to take a certain herb for something that could be serious.

Nutshell: Talk to your doctor, then see a licensed herbalist. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2001, 03:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

I bled for 16 months non-stop once... It felt like I lost over a year of my life. I could never find a doctor or a procedure, medication, or herb to stop it. It stopped, finally, when I moved to a higher geographical elevation (I moved from 500 ft. to about 1500 ft. elevation). I had no idea at the time the cessation would be the result, but I have been fairly normal since then.

Old 01-11-2001, 09:40 AM   #4

alazay HB User

I have a friend with this same problem. Sometimes she will go 6 months without any period, and sometimes she will bleed non stop. The only time she ever has a normal period, is when she is on birth control. She is so wooried about concieving that she won't ever take it. I suggest you go see a doctor. The reason, for all her bleeding was a problem with her cervix. She got it taken care of, but now a year later it's back. And unfortunatley, she doesn't have the insurance to go get it fixed.

Old 02-20-2001, 11:51 PM   #5

marjas HB User

I have recently seen a ob/gyn for extended bleeding (6 weeks) I was diagnosed as anovulation ... That doesnt help to hear when you have been ttc for 5+ years.. He prescribed me provera which made know since to me knowing I was trying to conceive, later found out that it was his normal procedure before prescribing clomid.. To stop the bleeding and have a normal flow shortly afterwards.. It did finally stop the bleeding.. good luck.. I know how miserable It can be..

Closed Thread