It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

amynyc HB User
Is this the last time for Tampons??

Hi

My AF has arrived on cd27 with is early since I am a regular 30 day cycle!
I have increased folic acid, I have had major endometroisis surgery, I have used chineese herbs and acupuncture, and last but not least, just had emergency back surgery! I think I am ready for my last cycle! I go tomorrow for blood work and ultra sound hoping to repeat last months numbers before under going emergency back surgery that made me cancel last cycle!
This is it.. I can't do anything more!
Here is hoping for last cycle!
Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

Lovie77 HB User
Re: Is this the last time for Tampons??

You have endometrosis?? Can u advise me on this? I go for my lap this week to see if my consultant is right with her suggestion when I have it or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
(female)

amynyc HB User

Hi Lovie77

I was diagnosed in 1995 with stage 2 endo. I had surgery and was told to get pregnant fast! BUT life takes a different road and I did not meet DH until 2004! I was 39 and we decided to try and I got pregnant on the first try and carried to term. I thought my endo was a non issue until I tried for #2! I have stage 3 endo and just had surgery to remove it. I am now in my first cycle since surgery and I hope that this gives my body the best chance to carry a baby to term. I never had an issue getting pregnant. I have had 3 mc since my DD was born. There is no direct link to miscarriage and endometrois but we hope this helps. Most women with endo can't get pregnant since the endo is covering the ovaries or blocking the tubes. If it is on the ovaries ovulation is effected and if it is in the tubes then fertilization can't happen. In my case I had it on ovaries BUT not in the tubes.. so when I ovulated on my right I was successful in getting pregnant since my left ovary was stuck to the wall of my uterious. The surgery was a 1 day and home the same. I had mild cramps but ok the second day.
I hope that helps good luck and keep us informed on your journey.
Amy

Last edited by amynyc; 10-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
(female)

Lovie77 HB User

ThAnk you so much for the reassurance, it means so much! I'm 33, been ttc for 3 years or more now. Had my first mc two weeks ago when they discovered blood in one ovary. Told I have to go for lap as expected endometriosis. don't know much about it! Now they are saying i can't have iui but straight to ivf. Here u have three goes at iui but only one ivf on nhs. So panicking now! One chance only! But maybe now I've had mc it means after surgery I have more chance! what u think?

Old 10-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #5
(female)

Lovie77 HB User

I hope goes well with you! Let me know how u get on! Xoxo

Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
(female)

amynyc HB User

Hi

I am not a doctor so I can't tell you why they want to go straight to IVF when you had 1 mc. I have not done IVF b/c we can't afford it plus I already have 1 DD. I am only doing injectables and IUI. They really think age of eggs is an issue with me since I am 42. So the only best chance I have is IVF with donor egg which is over $30,000 for 1 try. I think you should see an RE and I also recommend acupuncture. IVF does have great success BUT is very expensive and most people success happens on the second or third try.
I hope that helps
Good luck and let me know what happens
Amy

Closed Thread