It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

adore HB User
First time IUI success ?

Good morning All !

I am a lesbian who has never tried to get pregnant before. My partner and I have been together for 6 years (married 1 year on November 10, 2011). We have a beautiful 7 year old little girl that we were blessed to have placed into our lives at 2 months of age but now we would like to add to our family. She doesn't seem to be nervous or worried but I am ! All of my blood test came out great (except that I tested positive for CMV which my OB/GYN said is common and I do not actively secret the virus). I had an HSG done June 24th (it hurt like hell ! felt like i was going to pass out) and that test came back great. So all in all, I am a normal, healthy woman trying to get pregnant without male assistance (in part ). So, we decided to go with the round of Clomid instead of doing a natural cycle because my doctor says I have a better chance at getting pregnant like that and we just picked a donor (OFFICIALLY) on yesterday but I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I've been reading all over the place that the success rate is only about 6-26%. I really want this to work on the first time although I'd try as many times as I needed to and do anything I needed to do to have this baby for us. I start taking my Clomid on cycle day 3 which is 11 days away, then let the games begin ! Is there anyone up here who's gotten pregnant with their first IUI ? I'd love that positive feedback right about now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
(female)

mrsrochester HB User
Re: First time IUI success ?

ABSOLUTELY!! I was desperately searching the internet for success stories on first round iui about a month ago. I was soooooo disheartened when I couldnt find many, but hubby said that it was probably because everyone who does get pregnant straight away on iui moves to a different topic. To cut a long story short, I had my first iui 3 weeks ago and am now pregnant. Be positive Adore, it can and does happen Best of luck Hun xxx

Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
(female)

adore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrochester View Post
ABSOLUTELY!! I was desperately searching the internet for success stories on first round iui about a month ago. I was soooooo disheartened when I couldnt find many, but hubby said that it was probably because everyone who does get pregnant straight away on iui moves to a different topic. To cut a long story short, I had my first iui 3 weeks ago and am now pregnant. Be positive Adore, it can and does happen Best of luck Hun xxx
WoW ! Congratulations !!! I go for my first IUI today CD 18. My partner and I are super exciting and you have just given me hope that this can work the first time around !! Keep me updated !

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

robertalong4 HB User

Our first IUI was a success also - we now have our 20 month old son - so yes it can and does happen! I swore I was not pregant, took home tests and they were negative, but the blood test was + so I was!

We are about to embark on our 2nd IUI attempt.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread