It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

samantha77 HB User
Unhappy 5dp4dt and no symptoms whatsoever

Feeling like this one is a bust and so discouraged. I have been preggers through ivf before and last time felt those implantation twinges 3 and 4dp5dt. This time nothing!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB User
Re: 5dp4dt and no symptoms whatsoever

If there's one thing I've learned through this infertility journey, it's that the little pregnancy symptoms and clues in the 2ww mean absolutely nothing! There were so many times that I convinced myself I was pregnant and I wasn't. I really felt nothing in terms of pregnancy related symptoms the month I got pregnant with my son. I was very depressed and ready to give up. I only took the pregnancy tests at 10 dpo to prove to myself that it was another bust and to put it out of my mind. Imagine my surprise.
Hang in there, another day or two and you can test.
Best of luck!!

The Following User Says Thank You to bee01 For This Useful Post:
samantha77 (05-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
(female)

samantha77 HB User

Thanks Bee! I didn't realize how hard this would be a second time around. Somehow thought it would be easier because I already got my little miracle and yet, I am going through a lot of the same depression, anxiety as I did the first time. My transfer took forever (30 minutes) and DH and I have been convinced ever since that the embryos did not make it. Plus, the last time I felt nothing, it was a chemical, so I can't stop thinking of that too. Not sure I will have the courage to POAS this time around.

Last edited by samantha77; 05-15-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: english mistake

The following user gives a hug of support to samantha77:
bee01 (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

bee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB User

Samantha. I didn't have IVF but I did have several failed rounds of clomid and gonalF/ IUI, plus a couple of natural chemical pregnancies. I think the fact that there is so much pressure for the cycle to succeed in IVF, due to the cost and the physical toll, makes it so much more crushing if it doesn't work. I can only imagine the anxiety you must be experiencing. I do have a lovely two year old boy and I am ever so grateful for him but that doesn't mean I don't want to or shouldn't want to add to my family. We are not ingrates for wanting to give our children siblings. It is totally understandable that you would feel sad and anxious the second time around.
I was about to embark on the fertility med journey again until I "stumbled" on a possible explanation to my "unexplained infertility" - hypothyroidism (the kind that isn't glaring on a lab report because my TSH was "within range.")
May I ask what led you to IVF?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

samantha77 HB User

I am 35 and have endometriosis, DH is 37 and has low morphology. Our DS was born almost three years ago from a FET after a failed fresh IVF cycle, our first. Since last June, I have done IVF in the hopes of having baby #2. (After a year of TTC naturally). This is my third cycle since last June, and the cost and process have us thinking that it will be our last. We have 2 frozen embryos left in case this one fails and my intuition tells me that it has.

You are definitely right about the anxiety caused by the money and drugs involved. It has not been easy. Thanks for your words about giving our children siblings, I never realized how important this would be to me until I got here.

That is wonderful that you found the "explanation" for your IF. Does this mean that you are TTC naturally now? You are one of the lucky ones.

Thanks for your concern Bee. I found this board very helpful last time around and once more, I am glad that people like you are there to help us get through such difficult times in our lives.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Hi Samantha,
I'm so sorry about your endometriosis diagnosis. That has to be one of the hardest ones to deal with. By the way, I'm not sure if you're aware of the strong connection between endometriosis and thyroid disease? A TSH much over 1.5 and free thyroid hormones below the 50th percentile should be suspicious for hypothyroidism. And you don't have to be overweight to be hypothyroid- I don't have weight issues, my body picked my ovaries to target instead!
Even if your thyroid levels are perfect, finding thyroid antibodies can explain miscarriages. Anyway, don't want to give you too much info, I am sure you are stressed enough already.
I've heard many women with endo have had luck with IVIG infusions? Another enormous expense, I know.
Have you tried pycnogenol?

Last edited by moderator2; 05-16-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
(female)

samantha77 HB User

I know my TSH levels have always been "normal," whatever that means. I will have to contact my physician to get exact numbers. It has never been something that has been suggested to me.

I have never taken pycnogenol either. Just did a course of Lupron to clear endometriosis and that was all. But it sounds like something I could benefit from, but it does not seem to be recommended for women trying to get pregnant since no research has been done in early pregnancy.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
(female)

samantha77 HB User

Interestingly, my DH just remembered that he took pycnogenol 5 years ago after I suggested so because I'd read about it on these boards.

Going in for my beta tomorrow morning but have pretty much come to terms with this cycle being done for me. Hoping for my freezies now.

bee01 (05-21-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Good luck tomorrow, Samantha! Hope those embies have found a home in there!
Your husband took pycnogenol? I hadn't thought about its benefits for men but I suppose anti-oxidants are good for everyone!
Hope you have a good beta tomorrow. Honestly, I don't know how you have held off of testing. I always used to start at 9 dpo!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
(female)

samantha77 HB User

Not only did I get a BFN on the blood test but my HCG level was less than 1. I was right to think that something went awry during the transfer, don't even think those poor embies made it inside. My DH is furious about the whole thing since the transfer took so long they had to put the embryos back in the incubator half way through the procedure and then take them out again.

In any case, I am glad for a break from all of this. We will do a frozen cycle at some point just not sure when. Trying to stay positive since we have decided that this was our last fresh cycle.

Last edited by samantha77; 05-22-2012 at 12:54 PM.

bee01 (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

sorry, Samantha. It's tough to think it could have been something the doctor did. There should have been an ultrasound image of the embryos being placed, no? I hope that you get the chance to question/ interrogate the doctor about what could have gone wrong.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
(female)

samantha77 HB User

Yes, we did see the embryos go via u/s but I don't think they were still alive. The entire process took almost 45 minutes instead of the 5 minutes it is supposed to take. And I saw the embryologist looking at the clock incessantly.

In any case, I felt nothing right away and the one time I did get pregnant, I felt things happening a day or 2 after the transfer.

I will talk about it with the doctor but unlike my DH, I feel no anger towards her or anyone else. She did her best.

Closed Thread