It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
(female)

Kalahari30 HB User
Unhappy Retrograde after bladderneck surgery

Good day to all

I wonder if anyone can help me with some advise.

My DH suffers from retrograde ejaculation after a bladder neck incision surgery he had just prior to a kidney transplant. Unfortunately the doctors didn't mention to us the option of sperm freezing and we didn't know of any better at the time. They also told us that this condition don't have a big chance of happening, and we have nothing to worry about. To my very sorrow we trusted the doctors and only after the operation, I was informed that the condition is basically a 100% guarantee that it WILL happen.
Still no answers can be given to us why the operation was performed, why we werent told the truth about the repurcussions and why we weren't given the option/suggestion for making future plans in preserving sperm.
Before the operation everything was working 100%, so I don't expect we might have troubles with sperm counts etc. Its just going the wrong direction.

Just the background to get you up to speed.

We are trying to conceive from September 2011 and nothing happened. We've been suggested to try Sudafed but with no success at all, since the bladder neck was damaged by the surgery and Sudafed mostly aids in nerve damage etc.

We've decided to start our journey of Fertility treatment. As we are very far from the closest Fertility clinic (1200km one way) we are so scared of taking the wrong route in this.

Would it be advisable to try the IUI first or skip that whole chapter and go directly for IVF or ICSI?
What can I expect from iui treatment? We have not even been to a doctor yet and i need all the information I can get to ease my mind, since it is going all over the place.

The costs of one IUI treatment including our traveling expenses would be almost half of what a IFV/ISCI would cost. If our chances would be better with IFV/ICSI then we would rather try is for that first time, but then again it might fail too.
Since we are a basically newly married couple, finances is not as strong yet as we would hope.
As you can see i'm bouncing all over the place. Please help me with ANY advise, help, suggestions.....
I'm really clueless on this matter.

Thank you all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread