It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

Nhlsurvivor2008 HB User
21 yrs old cancer survivor ovarian failure Need Help?

Ok so I feel really stupid asking this but the last time I checked my dr's told me I wouldn't be having this issue again ever... and that I was in full blown ovarian failure for the last six years.. I was on depo shot while on chemo...then had a transplant... I have not had a period in six years.. (when I did have them they were horrible and very irregular) but anyway my question is..

Is it possible to randomly just start the period again?? I am having major bleeding kinda like a period but slightly differnt... but not having all the other symptoms like moodiness etc...at first I thought it might be related to the fact I have gallstones but then I realized its probably not..

but now this morning I awake with sharp pains in my lower abdomen but not cramping...

Just wondering if after six years of ovarian failure...and no periods at all for six years.. if it was possible that it just randomly start... its been going on since like last sunday but it was more just when wiping after going to the bathroom, then yesterday a couple drplets but this morning its realllllllllly bad

Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: 21 yrs old cancer survivor ovarian failure Need Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhlsurvivor2008 View Post
Ok so I feel really stupid asking this but the last time I checked my dr's told me I wouldn't be having this issue again ever... and that I was in full blown ovarian failure for the last six years.. I was on depo shot while on chemo...then had a transplant... I have not had a period in six years.. (when I did have them they were horrible and very irregular) but anyway my question is..
Is it possible to randomly just start the period again?? I am having major bleeding kinda like a period but slightly differnt... but not having all the other symptoms like moodiness eI thought it might be related to the fact I have gallstones but then I realized
but now this morning I awake with sharp pains in my lower abdomen but not cramping...
Just wondering if after six years of ovarian failure...and no periods at all for six years.. if it was possible that it just randomly start... its been going on since like last sunday but it was more just when wiping after going to the bathroom, then yesterday a couple drplets but
this morning its realllllllllly bad
Hi survivor. I want to get this straight. What kind of transplant did you have? Kind of cancer? On anti- rejection drugs? Old enough for meno pause? Want to have another/ 1st
child? Sorry for questions. If menstrual blood, how many pads/ tampons used & soaked thru in last 24 hrs? Bright, red blood?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

Nhlsurvivor2008 HB User

I am 21.. it was a bone marrow transplant 4 years ago.. and I do wish to have a child some day. I have soaked through like 2 of them in the last 12 hours there were lots of anti rejection drugs.. cant remember their names though but I also had to take medicine for GVHD and it started out dark brown/ rust colored and went to a pale red/pink and now is a sometimes bright sometimes dark red

Last edited by Nhlsurvivor2008; 11-24-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi survivor, if you are sure that the blood is vaginal, it would most likely be a period. If a chance that you could be pregnant & sharp pains instead of menstrual cramps the dr may want you checked for a tubal pregnancy if the pain remains or worsens or a miscarriage. Have any of your drs ever indicated that you would not ever have period? If no chance of pregnancy,& the blood looks like menstrual blood & If no associated bleeding from any other body opening( gums, ears, nose, under skin, bladder, rectal) & the drs have never given you a warning that if you see bleeding call right away, and you arent soaking 2 pads an hour then I would assume its just a period. Except the 1st in 6 yrs? I would call the dr & just ask if okay. I hope its fine & this moves you closer to getting that baby that you want in the future, that would be great. I think your dr would really want to know & be happy. Thank you, gmak

PS. After reading that the drs said that you would never have this problem again did they mean a PERIOD? or you would never have OVARIAN FAILURE again ? B/c if never have a period again-- i think you should call them. If they meant you would never have OVARIAN FAILURE again--- then you ovulated. So, if what the d
r meant was that you would have periods but you havent im 6 years --- i think that you should call them. Dont feel silly! Better safe, right?

Last edited by gmak; 11-24-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: wording ps

Old 11-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
(female)

Nhlsurvivor2008 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hi survivor, if you are sure that the blood is vaginal, it would most likely be a period. If a chance that you could be pregnant & sharp pains instead of menstrual cramps the dr may want you checked for a tubal pregnancy if the pain remains or worsens or a miscarriage. Have any of your drs ever indicated that you would not ever have period? If no chance of pregnancy,& the blood looks like menstrual blood & If no associated bleeding from any other body opening( gums, ears, nose, under skin, bladder, rectal) & the drs have never given you a warning that if you see bleeding call right away, and you arent soaking 2 pads an hour then I would assume its just a period. Except the 1st in 6 yrs? I would call the dr & just ask if okay. I hope its fine & this moves you closer to getting that baby that you want in the future, that would be great. I think your dr would really want to know & be happy. Thank you, gmak

PS. After reading that the drs said that you would never have this problem again did they mean a PERIOD? or you would never have OVARIAN FAILURE again ? B/c if never have a period again-- i think you should call them. If they meant you would never have OVARIAN FAILURE again--- then you ovulated. So, if what the d
r meant was that you would have periods but you havent im 6 years --- i think that you should call them. Dont feel silly! Better safe, right?
There is no chance I could be preg. one I am still V.. other is I was told I couldn't get preg. becuz of teh ovarian failure and the fact I wasnt having periods.. I will call on monday my dr's dont have a answering service for after hours.. thanks or the advice

Closed Thread