It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

millie347 HB User
Miscarriage at 17 weeks...

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to tell my story here because it seems that a lot of you have gone through this and can understand what I am going through right now. I have been trying to have another baby for over 18 yrs with my husband. We have a 19 yr old son but we always wanted more kids. Well we finally got pregnant this pass yr in October and we were so happy. But then this pass week on January 23rd, we lost the baby. I had no pains or blood it was such a surprise. I went to the bathroom to pee then as I stood to wipe I felt something coming out. I tried to hold it inside but the water broke all over my hands. The baby was hanging out of me and my husband tried to comfort me and the baby by holding him in his hand and talking to him. By the time the EMT showed up the baby stop breathing. I was told by my OBGYN that what I went through was incompetent cervix (weak cervix). And he said that after 6 weeks we can try again if we want too. I just felt like I had to tell someone my story because if I kept it inside I would just die. We named our son Angel and had him cremated so we can keep him close to us. But I do feel like I can try again I just want to make sure that this won't happen again the second time around. My doctor is going to stitch up my cervix if I get pregnant again to keep my cervix closed so that the baby won't fallout. I just hope deep down in my heart that it works and I can have a healthy full term baby next time around. Does anyone think if I use clomid and other fertility drug will increase my chances of getting pregnant again faster?

Last edited by millie347; 02-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User
Re: Miscarriage at 17 weeks...

Dear Milly, Very sorry about your baby. I lost my first baby through miscarriage and I remember the empty feeling. But I became pregnant 3 weeks later and gave birth to a full-term baby boy. There is always risk in life. If I was you, I would try to become pg and then have the stitch put in by the doctor when needed. I don't know about the Clomid. Ask your doctor. The good thing is that you know that you can conceive.

The following user gives a hug of support to mmisty:
millie347 (02-02-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to mmisty For This Useful Post:
millie347 (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
(female)

millie347 HB User

Thank you misty for the advice I will ask my Doctor and we want to start trying again just kinda scared to do it to early. Thank you again. And I am sorry about your lost it some thing that i wish we all wouldn't have to go through at all.

Last edited by millie347; 02-07-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Very sorry about losing your son after trying for SO LONG. I am glad you shared your story and are seeking some support and feedback. As to the Clomid question, Clomid only works to stimulate ovualtion, so unless you are not ovulating regularly, it won't help. You might want to explore why you didn't get pregnant for 18 years. Knowing the reason may help you be successful when you try again if the problem can be treated. The cervical stitch usually works well for incompetent os. Very irregular or long cycles, like periods every 2-3 months are one of the signs of failure to ovulate. You can also do basal body temperatures to see if you are ovulating and time coitus to maximize your chances of pregancy. I would seek the help of your OB-GYN to help you get pregnant again.

The following user gives a hug of support to ladybud:
millie347 (02-04-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
millie347 (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
(female)

millie347 HB User

Thank you LadyBug,

The reason for not being able to get pregnant is because I don't ovulate regularly I don't even get a period every month I skip four or five sometimes six months before I get one. That is why my OBGYN put me on Clomid the first time to get pregnant. I just wanted to know now that I went through this miscarriage do I have to be put on Clomid again or would my body ovulate on it's own and I might get pregnant without it's help. I go see my OBGYN in March but I stopped bleeding two days ago and My husband and I have started to TTC again. We feel ready to try again and didn't want to wait to see if I even get a period since I am soooo irregular to begin with. I just hope it works if not then I know my Doctor will help us. I just hope it works again. Thanks again for the advice.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It will probably take Clomid again, but one never knows. At least you know what the problem is and can treat that. Good luck, I hope things go well with next pregnancy!

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
millie347 (02-04-2013)
Closed Thread