It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 02:05 AM   #1

Lizbef HB User
Ear Pressure

Keep meaning to ask……………..do any of you have pressure in the ears? I keep finding myself holding my nose and blowing to reduce the pressure – trouble is I’m not sure if there really is pressure or whether it has now just become a nervous habit……….any views?

Old 04-21-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User
Re: Ear Pressure

yes yes yes, I get the pressure...ENT thinks its my E tubes...but I have read this v normal with inner ear stuff too xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

Jaye HB User
Post Re: Ear Pressure

Hi everyone - I also get pressure in my ears. When it happens it feels like my head is in a bucket or I have a bad headcold and my ears are all clogged up. External sounds dim down. At times, following the pressure feeling, I get a sensation of pulsing in my entire head. It doesn't hurt, it's just a rhythmic pumping/pulsing of the head/ears. Lasts about 15 seconds after the fullness starts.

There is no dizziness involved, although at times I will get a brief sensation of motion, but not very often.

I have had numerous tests, brain, vascular, etc., and a hearing test at an ENT w/ a routine office exam. Hearing test showed some hearing loss, but nothing else remarkable. My next test is a Cat Scan of the Temporal Bone.

Has anyone ever experienced this pulsing sensation while there was pressure in their ears?

Thanks,
Jaye

Last edited by Jaye; 04-21-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
(female)

lizzy33 HB User

Hi

Just wanted to add I got the ear pressure too, dont any more or very occasionally. Felt like I needed to yawn all the time, yawning would clear it.

xxx

Old 04-22-2004, 03:59 AM   #5
(female)

Oscarooni HB User

Lizbef, Emsybobs, Jaye & Lizzy33 What you guys are experiencing is exactly what I am experiencing. The ear pressure thing it just happens sometimes out of the blue and I have to hold my nose to pop them. I have noticed though that when the weather cools down I seem to get the pressure feeling more often.
The pulsing sensation you described I also get. It doesn't last long but is very annoying.
Sometimes I experience a kind of buzzing sound in my ears while I am talking. It sounds like a mosquito in your ear.
Does anyone else experience the mosquito sound????
Thank heavens for these boards. They are the only thing that keep me sane because I can relate to so many symptoms that other people have.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:25 AM   #6
(female)

Jaye HB User

Oscarooni- I have gotten the mosquito sound in my ear and it happens while talking. It's like one ear just shuts down and there is a strange sensation in it. When you talk it sounds like your talking on a phone w/ bad reception, very echoish. Is this what you have?

What is your pulsing feeling like? That's the symptom that confuses the drs. Pulsing usually means something vascular, but I have been tested for all that.

The clogged head/pressure feeling kind of feels like your underwater, that's just another way to explain it. It's hard to explain symptoms to drs that are uncommon.

Have you seen an ENT and if so, what did he say?

I go for my CT of the temporal bone this coming Wednesday.

Jaye

Last edited by Jaye; 04-24-2004 at 07:28 AM.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
(male)

klydebeaty HB User

I have another post about this pumping preassure with no answers in a year. I just found this thread. My ears start to feel like preassure build up then release. A pumping preassure feeling that dims the hearing, both ears at the same time, like placing my hands over both ears then pulling them off. The pumping goes on sometimes for hours, the pumping preassure is not related to my pulse, and not regular for long. It just pumps maby once per second, then maby 2 sec them maby 3 then back to 1, I cant clear it and just have to wait for it to stop. Its very annoying and hard to hear when its happining. Sometimes when I've taken a darvecst and its wearing off I get it. usually attacks are months apart, sometimes days. Usually not more than 6 times per year.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 AM   #8
(female)

browneyedlady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye View Post
Hi everyone - I also get pressure in my ears. When it happens it feels like my head is in a bucket or I have a bad headcold and my ears are all clogged up. External sounds dim down. At times, following the pressure feeling, I get a sensation of pulsing in my entire head. It doesn't hurt, it's just a rhythmic pumping/pulsing of the head/ears. Lasts about 15 seconds after the fullness starts.

There is no dizziness involved, although at times I will get a brief sensation of motion, but not very often.

I have had numerous tests, brain, vascular, etc., and a hearing test at an ENT w/ a routine office exam. Hearing test showed some hearing loss, but nothing else remarkable. My next test is a Cat Scan of the Temporal Bone.

Has anyone ever experienced this pulsing sensation while there was pressure in their ears?

Thanks,
Jaye

Jaye

That pulsing makes me so crazy!!! I call it the "swooshes' because that's how it feels to me. Like a wave come over me and then the pulsing thing. I was starting to think I had a brain tumor or something...

I feel so much better, I guess misery truely does love company!

Take care

Karen

Closed Thread