It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2004, 08:47 AM   #1

worryworttx HB User
Something happend and scared the *** out of me?

For years my GP has told me that my u-station tubes are messed up and I have been to several ENT's and they all said that it was my teeth (TMJ & grinding) not my ears. I am almost light headed every day (which I have been attributing to a low pulse rate and low blood pressure) just sitting not doing anything, it just kind of makes me dizzy everyday. WELL, this morning I got up from bed and kind of swayed all the way to the shower and was very DIZZY, I actually thought that I was going to pass out. I managed to get myself ready for work, but called the doctor and he said that I had postural vertigo. It was actually worse when I layed back down and then I got extremly nauses. He prescribed Anivert and Fenergin ... does this sound like an inner issue or what? I have spent $$$ on dental stuff in the last month for my TMJ and now this happend. I am trying to be very aware of my movements to see if that causes anything...and it feels like me eyes are not focusting right? I don't know but it is driving me crazy.

Thanks for any input

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Something happend and scared the *** out of me?

Hi... I am in the exact same boat. I have had terrible tooth problems in the past, have severe TMJ, and anxiety. I have been dizzy for 8 weeks now, it feels like my eyes are controling it, but every doc says inner ear. i questioned my neuro last week if it could be TMJ, and he laughed and said no. I should have my ENG and VAT results tomorrow. Do you have trouble reading? My eyes cannot focus at all, and at times it feels like I'm going to pass out or throw up. I am so miserable,and need answers soon! What are your other symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2004, 11:18 AM   #3

DizzyCrissy HB User

I think I wouldn't feel half as bad if I could focus my eyes. Some days better than others. I know what you mean about trying to read because I feel like the words are vibrating but its my eyes. I can't really focus in on anything. I mean I can see it but its like everything has a real fine vibration movement. I can bring on some anxiety and dizzies sometimes just by trying to read something. My daughter thinks I should see an opthamologist but I am so sick of going to doctors and I haven't even been to as many as others here.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:36 AM   #4

worryworttx HB User

Thank you for the response...I have dizziness or what I call the woozies for almost a year...but nothing like this morning. I have been having some headaches, mostly b/c I have been smoking like a train lately, and I think sinues, but the last couple of day's I have been having a shooting pain in my right eye and my ear(s) feel so full. Today is wierd too....I can't seem to write down things correclty...am I just over reacting or what? I don't seem to have severe headaches..and yes my eyes bother me alot, but I do sometimes wear glasses, but lately they have really been hurting my eyes and I don't dare wear them b/c sometimes they make the dizzy/woozy thing worse.

Becky

Old 05-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Becky,

Yes know what you mean about wearing glasses. I have not worn mine in over a month. I quit smoking last month also. I have pressure sometimes in my nose and in the roof of my mouth. I feel like I am looking through a fish bowl. Nothing has moved, but everything just seems a little weird. When it is really bad, then I get more dizzy from anxiety. YUCK!!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #6

worryworttx HB User

Dizzy Girl,
Thank you for your words of wisdom. Have you ever had anything like that happen before? These random headaches are crazy too. Do you think that this could all be sinus/tmj related? I haven't had a CT scan since about 2002
and they said that it was all clear back then, I was was dizzy even before that I can remember that day as well, I got a stabbing pain in my eye and actually lost sight in it for a moment or 2 and drove myself to the ER.

Should I pursue this or just shuck it off to stress and anxiety?

Please any response. I am in the process of getting my bite plate made for my TMJ...and like I said my ears are alway's full and my head feels FULL all the time?

Becky

Old 05-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Yes I know what you mean. I have had anxiety since the day I was born. When I went to the ER with dizziness, they gave me a xanax, and told me to go home, that it was anxiety. I know that it is not. I will say that that what ever this turns out to be has definitly triggered it though. I have trouble reading, I feel dizzy and spaced out all day. I have not had a normal feeling day since march 4th. I had a normal MRI, and I am awaiting more results from an ENG.
I know that stress can cause a lot of physical probs, but I have not felt normal for one day. That is not stress. When I first went to my GP, he treated me for a sinus infection. That did not work, and he gave me a referral for a CAT Scan of the sinus. I never had it done because I ran with the inner ear idea. If the eng is noraml, that is my next step, then the be followed by an endocrinologist to test my thyroid. I doubt it is that though because I feel the pressure in my head. Do you have a pulsing heartbeat in you head pretty much constantly?

Don't knock it off to stress unless you have days of feeling okay, and even then I would still pursue an answer.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #8

worryworttx HB User

Dizzy,
I have had anxiety issues as well. It does suck, I actually think I through myself into a vertigo attack this morning. Thinking back I kind of threw myself out of the bed because I was running late and that is when it all started. Like I said I have had dizziness thing for years. Only recently have I just noticed more and more. I have had just about every test in the book, MRI' of brain (3-4 years ago...normal), MRI of the neck and spine (2-3 years ago), CT Scan of my brain (2 years ago) CT of my sinuses (1 year...& 6months ago) heart tests, holter monitors for heart...EVERYTHING. I think that I am probalby the most normal findings on every test in the world person. And I guess I am very healthy. I think that it is just anxiety. It just scared me this morning b/c of the spinning thing. I have been somewhat o.k. today...just anxious if it happens again. YUK...Don't you think with all those tests even though some of them are a bit older they would have found something serious?

Thank you so much Dizzy...
Becky

Old 05-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I do think that if something really horrible was wrong, it would have showed up somewhere. I thought the same with my MRI. I was terrified of MS or a tumor or something. I am back on paxil for the last 2 1/2 weeks to help the anxiety. I really don't want to be, but I don't know what else to do.
Have you had any inner ear testing done? I suppose it could not hurt. What about thyroid? Whatever I have is definitley made worse with anxiety, but I swear there is something else. I feel like an old lady. I'm 26 freakin' years old!

Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #10

worryworttx HB User

Oh, I just went through the gamet of blood test's and such, nothing on my cardiac, cancer or thyroid tests came back , everything was normal. Go figure. I do know that stress and anxiety can mess you up. Like right now I feel my right temple just throbbing..not a bad headache though. I am fixing to take another advil and see if that helps. ANd my Right Ear is feeling completely full...UGH........oh well, maybe it is just chronic sinusitis!?! I am just going to go home after work and watch Friends and chill out
Have you had any tramatic events happen in the past to make you so anxious...brief history on my anxiety and panic attacks...
2001-mother went into the hospital for lung infection, cardiac arrest had to shock her back, due to the lenght of time she was dead (then they brought her back) on life support for 15 days, then lost both legs above the knee.
2001-2002 she was in and out of the hospital and back on life support b/c of lung infections
July 2002, she and my dad were living with me and my family, she passed out and hit her head on my tile floor, life flighted to hospital, had open brain surgery...
2002 she had strokes and siezures
2003 started my anxiety issues, thought i had heart problems, didn't thank GOD
2003 breast cancer scare, had to have breast surgery to remove a begnin tumor
April 2003, Mom went back in the hospital and never came home...we took her off of life support ...she had a massive stroke and would a vegtable
2004 My beloved grandmother died very unexpecdly...
2 weeks ago, my mamagram came back abnormal but everything o.k. now.
So.............................I know about feeling like an old lady... I am 35 and feel like I am 105.
But I just keep having faith and praying constantly.

Becky

Old 05-06-2004, 02:25 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Wow, I am sorry about your Mom and Grandma. That is enough to stress anyone out. The thing about anxiety, is that it has a life of it's own. You can't control it without years of help. I think that the beginning og my anxiety came from when I was little and my parents divorced. I have always been a nervous person. Then, about 3 1/2years ago, I was married, and knew that he was not the right guy for me, and didn't have the heart to tell him, thought it was me just have the jitters, and got married. bad idea. I had the marraige annuled 6 months later, because I just knew that I had made a mistake. It was a mess, he was a great guy, just not the one for me, and i was too young to make an inportant decision like marriage.

Also, you said that you had temple pain, that could be TMJ related, maybe even on top os sinuses and allergies. aren't you jealous of people who go to the doctor and get such an easy diagnosis? I never have anything normal!
Let's hope that Friends does not dissapoint. ( although I have the feeling it will)

Old 05-06-2004, 02:43 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Yes worry, Barnsley is right. You did mention that it happened when you got out of bed. My dizziness is constant, and is not triggered by a position and movement. Also Barnsley, thank you for understanding my fishbowl description. I is so hard to describe to people and doctors. Did you ever have head pressure ans sinus pressure on occasion?

Old 05-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #13

worryworttx HB User

Terri,
I called the doc this morning and that is what he said it was. I was lying on my right side and my husband woke me up and I kind of swung around and jumped up out of bed and that is when i was really dizzy. I did notice that after my shower i layed back down and it was worse for a few seconds, but i just layed there. I don't know. Yeah, my vision thing has been an issue too...but oh well...
Becky

Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #14
Inactive

Barnsley HB User

dizzygirl,

Yes, in the beginning I did have sinus/face pressure for about a week. I'm not really sure to this day what that was all about, though I had just been on a lovely cocktail of Xanax, Allegra, and a nasal steroid spray for a month (that my GP prescribed in her ignorance, but my ENT, thank God, took me off) and I stopped taking them cold turkey. Then I had the pressure, so I sometimes wonder if my head wasn't reacting to no more drugs, particulary the Allegra, which was supposed to keep my inner ear dried out, and the nasal spray, which was supposed to reduce sinus inflammation.

And, yes, like I said above, the visual thing is SO hard to describe to others. I didn't mention, though you may have figured out, that of course my eyes checked out just fine at the optometrist's because in the end this had to do with my inner ear and not any malfunction on the part of my eyes. The brain fog/fish bowl does go away over time, though it can take a couple months or so. Everyone's different, but it does go away as things begin to calm down.

Terri

Old 05-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #15
Inactive

Barnsley HB User

Becky,

Check out that link. It will give you more information that you can bring to your doc to be sure.

Terri

Closed Thread