It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 07:51 PM   #1

sickintoronto HB User
dizziness induced by eye movements?

I was just wondering if any of you dizzy folks out there feel extra dizzy when you look far to the right and left? I do. If I'm just laying down, feeling just mildly dizzy and I roll my eyes as far right as I can I get this weird "pulling" sensation in my head, and an extra dizzy feeling.
My eyes always hurt to roll around since I got this dizziness. I have seen an opthamologist, and he said my eyes look completely healthy, which really surprised me! They hurt and I get blurry vision when I'm dizzy. Which by the way is 24/7 for the last 11 months.....
So I'm just wondering if any of you get that dizzy feeling with your eyes.
Thanks

Old 06-09-2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: dizziness induced by eye movements?

Hi sickinTO,

Yes, I had the exact same problem and probably still do to some extent although I don't try it anymore because I don't want to go there at the moment (I've been feeling pretty good and don't want to wreck anything). But yes, there was a time when moving my eyes all the way to the right or left of the eye-socket would cause an *instant increase* in dizziness, anxiety, plus heart palps. For me this was proof that the ear muck-up was hard wired into the anxiety response my body was producing. No thoughts involved but by simply moving my eyes, alarm bells would go off - very weird stuff.

A question for you? If you stretch your entire body such that your arms are straight up over your head and reaching for the ceiling, does this increase your symptoms? For me, this was as bad as the eye movements!

Cheers.....Scott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2004, 03:27 AM   #3
Veteran

willsmommy HB User

Hi,

Yep can realte to this, in fact that very thing is part of the VRt programme so is expected to make you dizzy, its just that with the inner era upset your tracking will be slightly off hence the dizzies. As subs etc etc would say practise makes perfect and in time this will diminish!

Ilia x

Old 06-09-2004, 04:43 AM   #4
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User

Oh my word - yes! Get this all the time so dont do it! Last night did it and my goodness had the awful motion with it. Keep smiling xxx

Old 06-09-2004, 06:22 AM   #5

star803 HB User

I suffer badly with my eyes too. I have the visual dizziness (disortion, shaking etc) more than anything else and my eyes hurt and get very sensitive to light. I definately am sensitive to eye movements, especially in the beginning. It is getting slightly better (fingers crossed - i am very afraid of jinxing myself!) and I think it is probably down to the vrt eye exercises, although I still have a very very long way to go!

So basically the eye thing is all part of the fun ride that is an inner ear disorder!

Old 06-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #6

sickintoronto HB User

Thank you all for your replies!

May I ask what the eye VRT excersises are? What do you do?
Thanks again!

Closed Thread