It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 02:02 AM   #1

doyle HB User
Angry Excruceating right ear ache/ Cant sleep

I everyone,

It is now 5am in the morning and for the third day in a row I have awoken to excruceating burning pain in my right ear. The pain is intense and it feels as though that the inside of my ear is very swollen. The pain also radiates through out the right side of my face off and on.

I was thinknig that I was having this problem due to the fact that a few day before I cleaned my ears and maybe caused some damage? And so I have been taking Tylenol and ear ache ear drops to stop the pain. The pain did stop of a few periods however it came right back.

I have no fever, just the swelling and the pain.

I am not new to this message board. Two years ago I had a very bad case of ottis media with fusion in my left ear which took over a year of treatment to clear up. Now I am beginning to think that the pain in my right ear maybe something serious like that and I do not want to go down that road again.

I wanted any advise on what this could be or sounds like it could be. This pain is just too unbearable.

Please help anybody, reply.

Doyle

Old 07-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #2

spreeville HB User
Re: Excruceating right ear ache/ Cant sleep

Have you been to the doctor yet? You should probably go before you do anything. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't sleep because of the pain in my left ear, it's not infected, but I have serous otitis media which is the fluid, and I think the fluid is more painful then an infection, personally. If you keep getting infections maybe you can go to an allergist to see if allergies are the cause (that's my problem). So your best bet is to go to the doc first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 12:51 AM   #3
(female)

karaokediva33 HB User
Re: Excruceating right ear ache/ Cant sleep

I wouldn't wait to long to go to the doctor..The longer you wait the worse the infection gets...Go to an ENT asap...ear problems only get worse. Trust me!!
ad good luck!

Closed Thread