It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 03:08 PM   #1

eazeppelin HB User
my ENT has really scared me

My ent has really scared me!!! i passed my eng test and he says it abnormal for a 19 year old to be dizzy and now i have had bloodwork which havent heard about yet, and must get an MRI done. I am so nervous i ca't eat. my dizziness is a rocking sensation started 2 weeks ago but seems to be getting better, i am so nervous and sick to my stomach.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User
Re: my ENT has really scared me

It is most likely a viral ear infection, especially if it is getting better. It isn't normal for ANYONE to have dizziness LOL!

It might be sinus related as well. But your doctor will see that.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #3

star803 HB User
Re: my ENT has really scared me

Try not to worry about it too much.......Firstly, ENT's are not the most knowledgeable people about dizziness but it is a good first step. They send you for a MRI to be certain that it is nothing more serious but it is very very unlikely that it will find anything wrong, especially at 19 yrs old. Almost everyone on here has been sent for an MRI and I havent heard of anyone who ended up having something wrong with their brain.

It took me 18 months to actually get a diagnosis of what was causing my dizziness despite all the tests. ENG tests are very dependant on how they are performed. I have had 3 ENG and they have all had different results!

2 weeks in it is still very very early days so try not to worry. I would be willing to bet that the MRI will show absolutely nothing.

Good luck

Old 08-10-2004, 04:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Cool Re: my ENT has really scared me

Good Morning Zep,

Your ENT is quite insensitive to make a remark like that. Have the blood tests and the MRI - they are standard practices for anyone having a dizzy condition that can't be diagnosed easily (like an inner ear infection, which usually the doctor can see on a visual examination). I have had disequlibrium symptoms for 10 years and still deal with my symptoms on some level on a daily basis.

Most dizziness problems are benign, meaning not fatal. But these symptoms can be scary, we ALL know that!

If you are looking for another opinion abour your symptoms after your MRI and blood work, you may want to see a neurologist. They also deal with dizzy conditions, and look at them from a different angle.

In the meantime, stay away from things like extra sugar, extra salt, and caffeine. I know it's hard, but try to relax as best you can because anxiety can also impact your symptoms, meaning the more you worry about them, the more you'll notice them.

You'll be okay.

Closed Thread