It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 02:34 PM   #1

headlump HB User
High pitch whistle in ear

Iíve had this high pitched whistle in my right ear for about 2 years, sometimes more noticeable than others, it came on I think after a heavy cold and it feels to me that there is water or something trapped behind the ear drum. It seemís to be something to do with the tube that equalizes the pressure, if I hold my nose and blow there is a lot of cracking and popping from the ear. It always feels like itís under pressure. I would love to get it back to normal. I did go to the doctor and he gave me something to sniff but it did not seem to do a lot of good.

Any ideaís please.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Anastasia HB User
Re: High pitch whistle in ear

hi headlump

welcome
did you go to your family doctor or to an ENT? an ENT will test the pressure behind your ear drum with a sonic type thing machine and be able to tell if there is anything trapped. you may have Eustachian tube dysfuction, especially if youve had this for over 2 years. if it comes down to it, the doc will place nylon tubes in replacement of your tubes (painless, 5 min surgury) but that would be a last resort. he/she will probably put you on flonase or something to try to flush out what ever is stuck.

good luck, keep us posted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 05:03 AM   #3

headlump HB User

Thanks for the info. Will have to face the doctor I supose.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #4

headlump HB User

Been to the doctor she sorted out the big lump I had on my head after banging it, she cut it and squeezed out the congealed blood. Sending me to the clinic to sort out the ear, it clear no wax she said they might fit a grommet, small donut thing that goes in the ear drum to let any stuff out, it then drops out after a while, hopefully it will do the trick.

Closed Thread