It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Cool Head rushes

Hi Board,

I know that many posters on here experience head rushes or head zings/jolts with their symptoms - me too.

However, the feeling that I am particularly referring to is a specific sensation:

Kind of like all of a sudden you realize that you feel a little spacey, maybe even giddy from it, and it's THEN that you realize you need to clear your head or change your position to prevent it from getting worse because you know that if it went further, it could be. It's not exactly unpleasant, because for those few moments before it dawns on you that you feel this way, you feel "hey, wait a minute, I think I have a head rush" but it doesn't scare you, until maybe after it passes.

Anyone else?

Thanks and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
(female)

ThinBones HB User
Re: Head rushes

I know exactly what you mean. I am slowly recovering from a bad episode and was doing the MEP's daily. I stopped as it was easing up but I notice that all of a sudden, I have this weird head feeling and if I am not home, I quickly change positions as I am afraid it may get worse. This happens when my head is perfectly straight, standing or sitting. I could look almost drunk if my balance really goes. I hope with time, this too, shall pass......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

treefarmer HB User

Yeah, I remember that, particularly in the beginning of this mess, and it really freaked me out. My husband and I had gone to visit some friends in Seattle, and we were having lunch in this restaurant. I looked out the window and when I turned my head to look back at my husband, this whole weird rush came over me. My heart started pounding and my face got flushed and I felt sort of like I was going to faint (though I've never fainted before so I wasn't sure). I put my head down on the table and it passed, but the rest of the weekend I was freaked out because I had NO idea why that had happened. I didn't know then that it was related to inner ear, so I thought I was having an anxiety attack or something. The worst part was that it just came out of nowhere. I've only had it one other time, thankfully, and now that I'm basically operating at 100% I'm hoping never to have it again!

T

Old 09-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

I have these daily...Horrible. Its similar to dizzy in the head and is of the same variety - if it gets too bad, like you say I just have to get up and move around which eases it slightly.

Hope you are ok Wowwweeee.

CL.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:59 AM   #5
(female)

Chris1968 HB User

I get these too. If I turn quickly or it often happens when I am looking down - I get a G force feeling and my stomach lurches (like on a roller coaster) and I feel like Im going to black out. Its an awful feeling and leaves me really off balance for a good few hours after. Sometimes I can stop it by changing position and sometimes it catches me unaware it happens so quickly. I know it probably isnt but it feels like the blood to the brain has been cut off for a split second.

Take care - Chris

Old 09-25-2004, 06:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I get this as well but mine seems to be worse when I am sitting.Sounds strange but true.It will feel like someone is actually trying to push me out of the chair.It just hits suddenly while I am just reading the paper or watching tv.I get this headrush and immediate feeling of being very unbalanced.I have no clue just what is causing this.Just thought I would throw in my two cents.

Closed Thread