It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Tube in ear to relieve pressure?

I just had surgery on badly deviated septum/polyps/and had small sinus's passages to my frontal sinus open. I have been dizzy for almost a year now after a bad sinus infection. I woke up and felt so swollen and my left ear felt so full and wouldn't pop. Well, my ENT fixed all of my problems 6 weeks ago, but my left ear is so full and won't pop. My ENT has given my exercises to try and pop my ear, but nothing. SO he will put a tube in my ear next week to hopefully relieve the pressure. My Question is will this help w/my dizziness? I have a friend who had a bad devaited septum and was so dizzy as well. About 2 months after his surgery he wasn't dizzy anymore, so hopefully this dizziness wil go away as well. The swelling takes forever to go down and my Eustachian tube is so blocked as well! I really hope the tube will relieve it all. Any thoughts?

Halls

Old 11-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crazylabyrinth HB User
Re: Tube in ear to relieve pressure?

Completely depends on your own individual case - my ent offered to put tubes in as he thought i had a touch of ETD on top of labyrinthitis but he said he doubted it would ease the dizziness - if yours is ET and sinus related, it may well help. Good luck.

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2004, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Re: Tube in ear to relieve pressure?

Well, my ET is blocked and was caused by chronic sinus infection I had a year ago. Just had the sinus surgery to fix everything and I am highly positive that all will get better over time. My ENT does not feel like there is anything going on other than ETD and that a tube will bring relief for me. I do know that anytime there is ETD a person can be constantly dizzy. I just hope that whatever is causing the ETD will go away from good. The tube is a temporary fix. The good thing is that I have a good ENT who has looked over my cat scans thouroughly and did the most excellant surgery on me that I am confidant that in time my ear will unplug and this dizzy moster will go away.

Halls

Closed Thread