It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mica09 HB User
Wowwwweeee - Benedryl

Wowwwweeee, about the Benedryl,

Did you feel a difference immediately or did it take awhile?

Old 12-06-2004, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Cool Re: Wowwwweeee - Benedryl

Hi Mica,

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Been there, and still get there. My head symptoms have been totally annoying lately. Blagh.

Within 20 minutes of taking a teaspoon of Benedryl, I notice a small alleviation of the headache. But for me, it takes usually having the Benedryl in my system for about an hour or so - then I am able to go about my day.

If I am really bad with my symptoms (or if I am congested), I will stay on it every 4 hours.

But if I am just maintaining my symptoms, or if I know that I am going to be doing something that may require a little more physical energy that can make me woozier, I will take it an hour in advance so that by the time the "event" gets here, I am less symptomatic.

I will also take it at bedtime to help me sleep better, because sometimes the sensations of motion when I am lying still is bothersome.

I will usually always mix a teaspoon of Benedryl with one plain 500 mg. aspirin. This combination just seems to work the best for me. Of course, ask your doctor if you want to try this. I am small in size, so if I take the "usual" dose of Benedryl that's stated on the package, it usually turns out to be too much. Too much will leave me feeling druggy and/or too tired, and that can my me feel woozer. So I would suggest starting out with one full teaspoon, and then waiting an hour to see if you feel a positive difference.

Let me know how it goes for you. xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread