It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

soldatos HB User
lybrititis and shortness of breath

can lybrititis cause shortness of breath, the doctor said i have an inner ear disorder call lybrititis(hopefully the spelling is correct) can this cause occasional shortness of breath, thanks for a response and happy holidays

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

ASLme HB User
Cool Re: lybrititis and shortness of breath

Hi soldatos.
I see you have posted a couple times about "lump in your throat, shortness of breath" etc. If you have read any of the posts on here from other people anxiety goes hand in hand with this ear stuff and it sounds like maybe that's what you are feeling. My Dr. told me nothing about this when I saw him for my ear problem so when I started feeling like I was going nuts I had to navigate through it (fortunately I had some experience with it before so kind of knew how to cope) but it would have been nice if the Dr. would have given a "heads up" to it. I found out from other people on the boards that it is pretty commonplace. Ride it out brother, and if you need some anxiety meds ask your Doctor. Hope you feel better...
Elisabeth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: lybrititis and shortness of breath

Hi Soldatos,

Labyrinthitis often comes with mild to extreme anxiety (in my case extreme). The symptoms you describe are all anxiety related - I've had them all. Best if you find a way to sort out the anxiety whether it be meditation, CBT or an SSRI drug. This will also clear the way for compensation.

Cheers...Scott

Closed Thread