It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #31
(male)

FoggedOutRog HB User
Re: Foggy feeling....

Hello all, I am new here too. I've dealt with this "foggy" feeling for almost 6 years now. When it first came on, out of nowhere, I had no idea what was going on. I laid in bed for over a month, lethargic, what I call loopy/foggy, just felt spent of energy, lost and stoned basically. I started the doctor visits like all of us have, MRI's, MRI's with contrast/color, ENT visits, gave up smoking, no alchohol, and even ended up with a hematologist for a year; My Hematocrit level was somewhat high and I ended up with pretty much weekly phlebotomies under the guise of possible Polycythemia Vera, which was a joy. After a year of checking, discussing possibly Bone Marrow transplants, etc. the Hematolgist called and said don't bother coming back in, it's not helping and I don't want to put you through unneeded pain or transplants. My Chiropractioner did X-rays and found a wierd problem with my C3 Vertebrae; it was not grown on one side and C2 had grown very thick to compensate apparently. I've long suspected that it was something to do with my back/neck. I am constantly sore from a TIGHT back and neck. Sometimes the neck stiffens so much that if I don't see the Chiro, I will be looking from side to side as if my entire neck was fused. About 15yrs ago (I'm 37 now) I was working out at the gym doing cable butterfly pulls and heard a poop and it felt as if someone had hit me in the head (slightly off center towards the right forhead area) with a hammer, dropping me in pain to the floor. Doc felt I pulled a muscle and advised to stop working out for a month, which I did. After the month, I returned to the gym only to have it happen again. I never went back to the gym. I should have gotten another doc, but young and dumb. Needless to say, I'm frustrated to hell with the quality of my life most times. I cannot seem to get anyone to seriously look into the back/neck correlation. They want me to see the same docs, and take the same tests I've done multiple times already. As for this Candida Overgrowth I've seen thrown around, last winter I had the bum luck of getting C-Diff and was on a nasty anti-biotic for 14days that surely would have killed off this Candida. The anti-biotic kills ALL the bacteria in the stomach/intestines, be it good or bad. At this point, today, I am more then ever convinced of the neck correlation. I started building a new fishing pole Tuesday and this requires a lot of bending over/looking down. Tuesday about an hour into the build, I got foggy to the point where I laid on the floor for fear I would pass out and end up there uncontrolled. This severe fog lasted through the night until I fell asleep and was gone Wednesday. Today I began working on this pole again and wouldn't ya know I feel like hell again, fogged again. I have children and it scares me to know it could happen anytime, day or night, driving, etc. I have blacked out for literally a micro-second while driving in the high speed lane, thank god it was for that duration only. My usual symptoms:

This foggy feeling happens at anytime, from mild to omg I can't take this anymore. Tuesdays feeling was the worst in 6yrs. It's a feeling of being more or less in my own world, at least in my mind, and feeling disconnected even though I am aware of my surroundings. It is like being dizzy, but not fall down dizzy or spin dizzy. I wish I could describe it better.
I notice I can become agitated quickly when it happens.
I feel almost like a hot flash at times.
My head feels "swollen".
As mentioned I have once blacked out and many times felt as if I was going to pass out.
Sometimes feel like I have water in the ear.
Definite issues remembering or having deep conversations.
Stoned or drunk feeling.

I'm glad and sad to know I'm not the only sufferer. Do any doctors ever give feedback on here or is this just a sharing of sufferings site? I pray that some angel of a doctor figures out what we are all going through.

One thing I want to add is that I took Zoloft and Effexor over the course of 8yrs, but stopped them about 2yrs prior to my first foggy episode. Just for full disclosure. I even resumed Effexor (was the last one I was one) for a month and a half to see if it changed things and it didn't.

Roger (in Rhode Island working, USA)

Last edited by FoggedOutRog; 07-17-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: update

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread