It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 02:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mooshoo1 HB User
Having a really tough time......

Morning people,
as you noticed ive missed out the word GOOD,having a really hard time at the mo,feeling so depressed done alot of crying over the past few days,can hardly walk,head feeeling like its going to explode,not pain just discomfort,and soooooooooo dizzy.I feel totally exhausted trying to keep myself from losing the plot completely.Still cannot go to work,stuck in the house,walking around holding on to everything,feeling like the sofa is sucking me in when i sit down.I no im not alone in this situation but i just cannot cope anymore,i get my MRI results on monday,hoping for a cure i no im not going to get!My life is a mess,my relationship has ended,i cant even enjoy time with my daughter,im a mess.And i dont no what to do!!!!!!I want to be me again,i have no quality of life at the mo,i want my life back,someone give it back to me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

ASLme HB User
Re: Having a really tough time......

Hi mooshoo:
I wish I could just fix things for you. I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly right now. Sometimes just continuing to breathe is an effort when you are facing so much. Please keep holding on and I will be praying for you.
(One foot on front of the other...)
Elisabeth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #3

groovyk HB User

hi

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way...these damn ear disorders can be devastating. I too get the same symptoms as you. Sitting down/standing up is no fun.

Just try and keep positive..I know that is really hard to do. We are all here for you if you need support and advice.

Kelly

xxx

Old 02-03-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

scant5 HB User

Mooshoo1:
Read your post and it really took me back to the time when i felt just like you.
It breaks my heart because we all know exactly how you feel. How long have you been suffering? It is a tough battle to fight and as one very smart man said....it is the toughest battle of your life. What I can say to you is that there is a light at the end of this horrible tunnel. It may take you through a journey that only we understand. Stay in touch with these boards...we are truly the only ones who understand.
I rememeber so many days of crying endlessly and pleading with God to make this go away. Mooshoo1....it will go away and I can only say we will always be there for you. We will listen and be behind you 100% all the way.
Ask any questions you have as you will find more valuable information on this board than most Dr.s can give you. It has to be tough with children....I was never able to have children but to think I was at a time in my life when I could have easily given away my dogs and not cared makes me remember of the truly tough times. It has taken a long time, but I am able to laugh again and enjoy life...just as you will again...I promise you that and so can many more people on this board. You are the one who is going to have to fight this head monster by keeping as active as possible and trudging on.
Sending you a big cyber hug.

Kathy

Old 02-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

mooshoo1 HB User

Thank you so much for your support,my dizzy spells started about 4years ago,would only last a few days and with meds went away for months ,this carried on for about 2years,i went to ENT for tests,was told i had damaged sinus tissue,other than that nothing.Then i was clear for about a year with no dizzyness at all.Then in June of last year it started again,and i havent had one days reprive since then,i have been totally dependant on others to go out with me,take me shopping,unable to work,some days its not so bad and i hope that its going,then after about 3days BANG its back with avengence,its like i go 2 steps forward and three steps back,ive never had it this bad b4,i have drained all the GPs rescourses,and to add insult to injury my GP has left and i had to go see another one,for her to look at me like i had three heads when i tried to explain my disorder!!!!!!!!! like i said im getting the MRI results on monday,everyone says i'll get better,but when 8mths of constant dizzyness is slowly ruining my life,i feel disabled,and depressed,i used to be so full of life,easy going,funny,always up for a night on the town to dance and have fun,now..........................im a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikki.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

velvet48 HB User

omg you have been thru a lot. by any chance did the ent check your eustachon tubes to see if they are blocked? this happened to me, i was dizzy for a year and it turned out my tubes were blocked. i actually went thru vertigo again 2 months ago, very dizzy, got meds from dr and now again but milder this time and 3 weeks straight. doc just gave me a steroid nasel spray the other day and i am better.
what meds did they put you on before when this happened?
i would ask about the tubes to be sure that isn't the problem, when the inner ear swells up, it causes this.
hoping you find relief real soon
karen

Old 02-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
(female)

jadeearth HB User

Nikki

I am soooooooo sorry you feel bad. This stuff is no fun. But you'll get threw it. I posted kind of a negative thread the other day, I was on the edge, but at this moment I am of. Its a battle and some days you give in and somedays you rest.

I don't know what your situation is, but keep seeking answers and asking for guidance and it will come. Sit and ask your body what it needs, listen to conversations, be open that guidance to healing will come. REMEMBER, the body wants to feel good, it has a divine intelligence of its own, and sometimes our minds, especially our vestibular minds get in the way.

You will get threw
But I hear you, it's a tough tough ride.
Jade

Old 02-04-2005, 06:48 AM   #8
(male)

oyvind08 HB User

Mooshoo, I've been going through a similar experience to you, and would like someone to talk to about it.. if you want to, feel free to email me [ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ], maybe we could help each other out a bit.
Take care
Simon

Last edited by moderator2; 02-04-2005 at 12:39 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 02-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

mooshoo1 HB User

would love to ....................but how do we do that?????

Old 02-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi mooshoo,

Sorry to hear about the misery you are going through. I was there as you describe it wondering if it would ever end and thinking "what the hell has happened to my life". The good news is that it will end...I'm nearly the old Scott again but was far from it in the early days. The recovery process can be at a snail's pace but your body will eventually get its act together again. Hope you have a much better weekend.

Scott

Old 02-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

mooshoo1 HB User

thank you scott.................................st ill really struggling,8mths of pure hell............surely it cant last much longer can it..........or can it?????????

Do feel so isolated at the mo,i wanna go out and have some fun,instead of shutting myself away,and feeling my way around my house.

nikki.

Old 02-05-2005, 05:32 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi Nikki,

Yeah...8 months is too long to feel like that...it's the pits. I didn't see things really turn around until about month 9....but that was after I took meds otherwise I think I'd still be back there actually. It was the anxiety holding me back. Do you have anything like that hanging around that could be holding back compensation do you think?

Scott

Old 02-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

mooshoo1 HB User

well yeah....i have taken all the neds for the dizzyness and sickness but they dont work,stemitel,cinazarine and betahistamine.................i did get to the stage where after a bad fall (i knocked myself out and cut all my face up ) that i started to get panic attacks if i went out,so the doctor put me on propranol (beta blockers ) and im still taking them now been on then for about 3mths i think......................but just lately ive found that my eyes are so sensitive to things,lights,pc,tv,they water and sting alot..............and ive also started getting mild headaches,which ive never had before............mainly around my eye sockets and the center of my forehead.Even pain up my nose........................sounds strange dont you think??????????????

nikki.

Old 02-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi Nikki,

No, it doesn't sound good. I've heard of B-blockers being used before by docs for the dizzies and have never heard anything good about them either to be honest. My Mom was on one for a heart thing ears ago and she felt really crappy on it. None of the other drugs you mentioned did anything for me either, in fact, I felt worse on one called Stemetil. Would you consider a low-dose antidepressant do you think? For some, it works amazingly well at cleaning this mess up (me, will100, RockingSeas, etc) both by alleviating anxiety/depression symptoms and apparently promoting neural growth. For others this route doesn't pan out but worth a try a think given the dramatic turn around I experienced.

Scott

Old 02-05-2005, 04:15 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

mooshoo1 HB User

i did try antidepressents at one stage but they made me worse.......didnt agree with me at all,very sick,high temp,the lot.felt like i'd been poisoned.....getting teribble hot flushes to....................think im a loss cause!!!!!!

Closed Thread