It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User
Talking Hi, All, An Update and would love to take a poll!

Hi!
It has been awhile since I have updated.
I am still seeking answers. I was diagnosed with lymes disease but the test wasn't 100% and I just am having doubts because of such little results of 4 months of antibiotics.
After months and months of reading and research, I am looking into the mercury issue. I have read SO many stories of people with similar symptoms as mine who found relief after getting the mercury fillings out of their mouths. There are also stories of those who didn't find relief, I know mercury isn't going to be the cause of every problem, of course. But what I have discovered is that mercury is not a good thing to have in our mouths. So, I am going to get the fillings replaced, and it will be a dentist who will do it safely and will help me know how to rid the body of the mercury once the fillings are out. The whole process done correctly is really important.
Anyway, I still struggle with dizziness. I have such weird symptoms and for instance, last week, my left foot swelled out of the blue and I couldn't walk on it. Then all of my body lost feeling and my arm/hands and legs/feet had numbness and tingling. Then I had a strong bout of dizziness after bending over to dry my hair. I had to catch the dresser in order not to fall down.
For those of you who are new, my symptoms started July 2003 with severe vertigo in the night, then progressed to stiff neck, imbalance with tinnitus, etc. Then it progressed the following spring into weakness and fatigue. Now my symptoms are head pressure (on and off), always some sense of imbalance, some joint swelling and pain, eye sensitivity, etc.
What I am hoping I can get a poll on is how many of you who are dizzy have silver fillings? I am really curious. It's not a common or popular subject as the *** strongly supports using silver fillings, but it does appear as something we should look into especially as one of the main symptoms of mercury and metal toxicity is dizziness and vertigo.
Another thing I have discovered is how harmful steriods can be. And that is what was given to me at the onset of my dizziness and then again about 6 months later. It's disturbing to say the least to read about the harmful effects of steriods. Seems we create new monsters in our bodies by some drugs that are used to tackle others.
Love to hear from you all!
Vicki
Even tho' I still struggle, there is much that is better, like the brain fog. The neck pain, less headaches, usually less dizziness (until a few days ago, but still not as debilitating as at first), ability to get out and do more, can have conversations with people face to face without feeling terrible. I have changed my diet to as much organic as possible and taking several supplements I never knew existed before. My diet is much, much better and I know that has helped in alot of ways. Just trying to key in on what is still keeping me down!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
(female)

moogeneric HB User
Re: Hi, All, An Update and would love to take a poll!

I looked into almagam fillings too, somewhat extensively actually, but I only have 2 fillings. I've had them since I was a kid, but I decided 2 fillings couldn't cause all this so suddenly...

Just out of curiosity (well, since someone suggested I do this), have you looked into or been tested for lupus? I don't really know much about it. I vaguely rememeber somemthing about joint problems, but I could very well be wrong. Again, I haven't read up on lupus much.

Good luck, and I'd be really interested to know how the almagam removal goes. Thanks for the info!

Old 04-17-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

deena1168 HB User

Hi dizzyinmissouri,
I just read your post and it really got my attention. I have a mouthful (10 to be exact) of silver fillings. I searched the web on this, and there is alot of symptoms here that I have that could be brought on by mercury toxins. I was wondering if there is some kind of blood test that could tell you if you have too much mercury in your body? I do have inner ear problems as well, but this could be some of my problem too. Just curious as to what some peoples problems and symptoms were that you read about. Not sure if this is my problem, but its worth looking into. THanks so much!!

Old 04-17-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

crazylabyrinth HB User

Ive def heard of a link with fillings and dizziness.

I have no mercury fillings. I only have one filling and its white.

Hoping you find answers soon.

CL xx (Uncompensated labyrinthitis - left ear - 2 1/2 years).

Old 04-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogeneric
I looked into almagam fillings too, somewhat extensively actually, but I only have 2 fillings. I've had them since I was a kid, but I decided 2 fillings couldn't cause all this so suddenly...

Just out of curiosity (well, since someone suggested I do this), have you looked into or been tested for lupus? I don't really know much about it. I vaguely rememeber somemthing about joint problems, but I could very well be wrong. Again, I haven't read up on lupus much.

Good luck, and I'd be really interested to know how the almagam removal goes. Thanks for the info!
Hi! Actually my lymes doctor thinks alot of lupus patients have lymes! I have alot of symptoms of ms, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Even if I was diagnosed with any of them besides lymes I would still try to find answers of why I have that disease.
My lymes disease doctor and my own local doctor both told me that we are stone age in our medical field in this nation. We are actually 34th in the world! My own local doctor encouraged me to keep seeking answers outside of the medical field. He said the federal government keeps his hands tied to the way he could help people the way he wants to. My lymes doctor has had to go unconventional. He told me that if he followed the federal regulations, he would not be able to help his patients (he has about 700 lymes patients), he would only be able to basically observe them.
I never dreamed I would be in this position, trying to find answers to get well again. I am glad we can't see in the future!
Vicki
Thanks for responding!
And I will be sure to let you all know how the mercury removal goes. If it goes well, you will probably hear me shouting from the rooftop of my house!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Hey dizzyinmissouri--

I've also heard that silver fillings can cause all kinds of weird symptoms. Good luck getting those removed and let us know how it goes!

schao

Old 04-21-2005, 07:19 AM   #7
Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User

Thanks for you that have replied! I am going in for a consultation in a week to set up a time for the mercury removal. What is interesting is my husband shares very much of the same symptoms, the dizziness being one of them. He also has the mercury fillings but he also has had his wisdom teeth removed and where the teeth once were are now full of decay. He had a sonar test done and there is alot of decay and that for certain is making him ill. Biological dentists are realizing that alot of people who are sick are actually becoming sick from their mouths. Root canals can cause major problems with decay as well. If there is decay in the jaw area there will be symptoms. The mouth is a good place to start in looking for answers.

And I will keep you all updated to what happens with us and also hope to hear from more of you!

Vicki

Closed Thread