It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
Pain In Ear After Loud Sound Experience

Hello all

25 yr old male, with a bunch of problems. but i'm going to talk about the ear problem for now. a few weeks ago, i can almost say it was a month ago.
I was playing my music keyboard, switched to drum sounds, and played drums, it was quite loud and upon hitting a certain note, OUUUCH, i felt pain, and when that happend i backed away and stopped.

Ever since, i feel pain, not all the time,, but at random times there is like some pinching in the ear.. and sometimes i feel kind of pressure in the ear.

I have to say though, that i feel better than before, but i'm not normal. Like, there are times when i don't feel much then i listen to some music and i begin to feel some pain.. Then other times at randomm times, i feel like a sore leg would feel but somewhere around the ear.

To sum up: Pain in the ear from loud sound that happened a few weeks ago, still have pain.. went to doctor, he gave me some medicine to fight the cold, thinking my ears were clogged or something and that would help, but i'm not sure if they have helped. I can hear ok as far as i can tell.
but one thing i noticed , is while before i would get some ringing( as if my ear was covered and a kind of pitchy noise passes through, for a moment , then leaves) in my right ear, recently i felt that in my other ear ( the one that was closest to the loud sound, and the one that is hurting. )

What's up with my ear or ears, anyone know??

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

ASLme HB User
Re: Pain In Ear After Loud Sound Experience

First thing dude, maybe turn the volume down just a notch...it ain't worth damaging your ears for good!
Did the doc do any audiological testing (i.e. hearing test) to see if your hearing really wasn't affected?
Could it be you had something going on beforehand, like ear infection, and the noise just aggravated it?
I would def push for audiological exam.
Hope you feel better.

Closed Thread