It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Tinnitus

I know I brought this topic up before, but was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has had tinnitus for more than 6 months and it went away after so long? It is driving me nuts.

Thanks for any replies.

Gloria

Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
(female)

Jill43 HB User
Re: Tinnitus

Hi Gloria,

I'm sure I mentioned this before but I still have the tinnitus but it certainly is not as bad as it was a few months ago. It felt like it was vibrating my head and I haven't had that feeling in a while. I still get a high pitched ringing noise or sometimes a low rumbling or motor sounding noise but it definately is not near as bad as it was when this ear thing started. Other than that how are you feeling? I'm still dizzy with the ear fullness everyother day. (I still don't understand that??)

Take care,
Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Hi Jill

I'm fed up. My eyes are so goofed up and I don't really feel that much dizziness anymore (just a little off) so why the heck is there still fullness in my ears and head and all this noise? The tinnitus has not changed one bit since it all started and really frustrates me. I don't know how anyone could live like this for the rest of their lives.

I just can't believe there is no one out there that has had tinnitus for months and had it go away. Isn't there someone?

I took that klonepin (valium) for the past two nights and I feel no different than before. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but my anixiety level from this has hit the roof today. I'm sorry I don't mean to rant. I just feel very nuts today.

Thanks for the support. It always seem that it is only you and I on this board that complains of the fullness and tinnitus. Doesn't it bother others too?

Thanks again,
Gloria

Old 08-16-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User

Hi Gloria,
I'm sorry the valium isn't making you feel any better. Did the doctor tell you if it's something that will work right away or if it's something that has to build up in your system first?

I'm SO sorry about the tinnitus. I wish I could give you a big hug for dealing with this for so long. I woke up one morning with a high pitched ringing in my ear. I freaked out. It lasted maybe ten minutes but then went away. I can't imagine dealing with it for months. What has the dr. said about it? Isn't there anything they can do or give you to atleast make the noise less loud?

I'm still feeling dizzy here and there. Trying to crawl my way out of this. Take care, and feel better soon!

Old 08-17-2005, 04:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

firechick HB User

Hi Gloria
I can't remember if it was you we were discussing using Ginko Biloba? Have you tried it for a couple of months yet? It certainly helped me, my tinnitis lasted three months and took two weeks on the Ginko by the time it stopped. Have heard it can take a month or two to work.
Depends on the cause I suppose, but one of my major symptoms when I am not feeling well is to describe it like "I am not getting enough oxygen to my brain" and Ginko is supposed to increase blood flow to the brain. Not sure how much was just healing and how much was the herb...but have stayed on it since with no recurrences.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:30 AM   #6
(female)

Jill43 HB User

Hi Gloria,

I am so sorry you feel so bad and I wish there was something I could do or say that would make you feel better. I am very frustrated too. I have no faith in Drs. what so ever anymore. I wonder how they would like feeling like this everyday? It just beats you down.

I can't stand this ear fullness anymore and I also have a burning pain deep in my ear and sometimes down the side of my face and neck and I haven't heard of anyone else with this either and my Dr. has no idea. I have the feeling he thinks I'm crazy and just making this whole thing up but I'm not, it is very real and if he could feel what I'm feeling for just a day maybe he would understand.

I'm sorry I'm not helping you any by complaining about my problems. If I ever found out anything to make this go away you would be the first to know about it. I hope you feel better real soon. Hang in there and I will be thinking about you.

Jill

Last edited by Jill43; 08-17-2005 at 06:33 AM.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:47 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Thanks Ladies.

Joy - He didn't say how long it would take for the valium to kick in. I thought I would get some relief immidately as I thought it would calm me down some. I really don't think there is anything I can take to make me feel better. At this point I feel the only way I will feel any relief is if this crap goes away and I can find a good hyponotist to make me forget it all.

Firechick - I tried the Gingko for about 6 weeks and had to stop it the other day because I decided I need to try the klonepin (valium) my neuro oto prescribed me last month. My nerves were just way too bad from all this. I read that you shouldn't take the gingko if you are taking valium and since klonepin is in the valium class of drugs I thought I shouldn't take the gingko too. I do think it may of helped a little with the brain fog.

Jill - I do get some burning pain in my left ear. It comes and goes but only last a few seconds and I only get it every once in a while. Just thought I'd let you know I get it too.

I was just hoping that someone would read this post that has had tinnitus for months and then went away. I'm just afraid that since I've had it longer than 6 months, it is here to stay. Some days I can deal with it and other days it bothers me so bad that I spend the whole day dwelling on it and crying about all this.

I just get tired of waking up everyday feeling like crap. It isn't even the dizzy off feeling as much as it is all the other symptoms.

Thanks for your responses. I still hope someone will tell me they had it for months and yes it went away.

Take care,
Gloria

Old 08-17-2005, 08:05 AM   #8
(female)

Jill43 HB User

Gloria,

That burning pain comes and goes for me too. Sometimes it lasts a whole day and other times it's for part of the day and other times I don't have it at all for several days. I have to say this is the weirdest thing I have ever had to deal with.

Jill

Old 08-17-2005, 08:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Jill,

The pain is only in my ear, not my face or neck. It is very mild and I can tolerate that symptom. Also it happens very rarely. I hate the fullness in my head and ears and the tinnitus more. That and the vision bothers me the most.

Maybe because it is that time of the month for me, but I feel so helpless the past couple of days. I just really want my head back and I am being to believe after reading stuff on this board that this is all my fate.

Take care,
Gloria

Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #10
(female)

Jill43 HB User

Gloria,

I have a new symptom that just started today, ear fluttering. It's almost like popcorn popping in my ear. I never had this before/ It's always something different everyday with this stuff. I sure hope this is not our fate because I hate this stuff!!

Jill

Old 08-18-2005, 08:54 AM   #11
(male)

geezzer HB User

I have had this for over 50 years. I wasn't aware there was relief for it.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

HI Gloria,

I am surprised the Valium didnt do anything for you...... The valium should definateky ake the dizziness less I feel. Also, from my experience it should kick in pretty quickly... even after one dose should make you feel much better.

Has it helped with your anxiety.... I know this disease sucks all the time, but when you tell me that your dizziness is alot less, I have hope that the rest of the symptoms will go away in time as well. From reasing many posts it seems that the tinnitus may be the last thing to go....

Gloria.. how do you feel if you go to A shopping center.... Do you get really anxious... or have trouble looking for specific items? I do not feel well at all after about 5 minutes of searching.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:37 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Hi Tummy,

I hate going to to any building wheather it is for shopping or whatever else. I feel really off and my vision seems strange. I'm not dizzy like spinning; I just feel off and don't see right. I don't really have trouble searching for items. Things don't move and I have balance. It is hard to describe. I just feel off; not right. My head feels weird.

I think I just had a really bad week (that time of the month too). Sometimes I think my symptoms are improving but the depression and anxiety have gotten worse. I think from being ill so long and not knowing if I will ever feel like the old me again gets me down so much. I feel like I go in circles searching for answers but never get anywhere. Don't you just get tired of your head feeling messed up? I was never depressed or anxious in my entire life and now I can't bear each day. It just stinks. I thought the valium would kick in faster too. I'm not sure how strong this med is too. It is klonepin and the nuero oto said it is an old anti seizure medicine. He started me on what I've been told is an extremely low dosage (.25mg) for the first week and then next week I will take the .25 mg two times a day for a total of .50mg a day. Maybe then I will feel better. I don't know how I will feel better unless the pressure in my ears and head goes away.

I haven't found any posts searching this board or the other one stating that their tinnitus has gone away (with the exception of just a few on this board (firechick, xbombshell31x, Unadventurous). They only had it for a few weeks to a few months. I've had it for 7 months and get really down thinking I am going to have to live with static in my ears forever. Did you find posts that told you it does go away? Do you have tinnitus?

It seems like not too many people on the boards complain of the fullness and tinnitus. Does it only drive me nuts? I hate it more than the dizziness. The vision drives me nuts too.

Thanks for chatting.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:38 AM   #14
(female)

fyffe HB User

Hi Folks, I've just found this site and would like to tell you how I am feeling and if this is similar to anyone.

Symptoms felt each day.
Singing Ears and often a droning in left ear, sometimes pulsates.
Nipping, Stinging in Ears
Fluttering in head and fizzing sensations.
Sense of constricting and pressure around back of head, face and neck.
Feel a need to swallow after each constriction.
Vision affected, many floaters, like looking through lacy curtain, single flashing light every few seconds.
Slight vertigo, like being slightly tipsy.
When walking head feels like it is slightly shaking inside with each step.
Tingling, shivering in limbs and head, creeping feelings over sides of face.
When symptoms are at their worst pain is felt on right and left side at back of head behind ears.

Flying effects last for days. Like being on a boat and aggravates symptoms.
Always feel shaky after a car journey.

I have had these symptoms for the last nime months. At the start something burst in my head and the following few months all the above were much worse with terrible headache and what I can only describe as head rushes or surges. Sometimes I felt as if I had been thrown really fast to the side, I think this was probably bad vertigo. I have been attending ENT and Neurology but have had no help and they don't know what it is, they have not offered me one explanation. I have been offered medication to relieve the symptoms but I want to know what is causing it before I start taking anything. I feel it has to be an inner ear problem but then I'm not a doctor. Up until that afternoon when I felt that painless burst in my head I was totally fit and well with only a slight feeling of pressure in my head which I had had for a couple of weeks. I know drag myself to work each day, try to remain positive with family and friends but at times lock myself away and have a good cry. I just keep hoping that one day I'll wake up and it will have all fixed itself. I have read up so much on the subject but it is a total minefield. Don't mean to be a misery guts but it is nice to know there are others out there with similar afflictions. Pam.

Closed Thread