It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User
Weird Lightheadedness/Pressure

I'm an 18yr old drug/achohol free male. I also exercise at the local gym frequently. I've been to my GP twice about a persistent lightheadedness and frontal facial pressure I've been experiencing. It started off in May when weather in Florida down here REALLY started to heat up and humidify. I was getting pressure at the temples with on and off headaches. This was followed by a week long cold. My GP gave me zithromax and allegra (took the zithromax for a week and the allegra for a month or so) One or the other of the meds seemed to clear up my pressure and slight morning congestion issues. He also gave me a sampler of Flonase which may have helped as well.

The pressure went away for awhile but the lightheadedness never stopped. It seems to be triggered more often when I am at work, or when I am moving my head (bobbing it listening to music, etc) these things trigger short 1-2 minute lightheadedness spells. I only get these spells 2-3 times a day however. I should also mention when I am driving in the car or working out sometimes, I feel the need to pop my ears as they feel full. My left ear also can't take direct loud noises and almost responds to them with like a buzzing or television static-like sound - but I've had that for a few years now, played guitar in a band/listened to music too loud on headphones etc but I've stopped that. For a week or so now, I also have a strange feeling/lightheadedness in my head when I wake up, but only when sleeping in certain positions.

So here I am ending August with the lightheadedness persisting into month 4. I have no neuro-like symptoms, just the lightheadedness and occasional pressure. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #2

Sing Blue Silver HB User
Re: Weird Lightheadedness/Pressure

hi

you know this is so wierd, im having similar symptoms to you. I noticed the other day, when i moved my head, it triggers the dizzy/lightheadedness feelings. i think it is caused by an infection, and have an infection in my gum also, which feels is spreading to face/ sinuses , am having that front facial pressure, stiffness in shoulders area also

Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User

Hey there,

So do you ever experience this lightheadedness when you wake up? Sometimes I do, like in the past week or so I have it really faintly when I wake up - but when I change positions (i.e. get out of bed), it goes away. The pressure also sometimes causes headache which feels like my sinuses acting up.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:21 AM   #4

Sing Blue Silver HB User

With me, its just a general hazy/woozy lightheadedness, i get like a haze to my vision with it too, and slight nausea. ive had infections since about 18 months ago, on and off, before it was tinnitus, breathing difficulties , and vertigo type symptoms. This is similar but this time i feel quite sick
this morning i now have a sore throat, and the gum infection is not too bad

I get headaches with it too, and like a sore scalp feeling, sometimes it feels like the infection is in my head area also??????

Have you tried augmentin? its an all round antibiotic

hope this helps

x

Old 08-19-2005, 05:48 AM   #5
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User

I get the sore scalp but thats usually cleared up by a good shower and shampoo. It may not be related to how you're feeling. Not yet, the only antibiotic I've tried was the zithromax pescribed to me by my doctor about a month and a half ago. I've also found that a hot shower clears my head.

Ive pinpointed that the lightheadedness in the morning is like a wierd feeling all over my body. Like some kind of "bodyache". When I sit up and bed and rotate my neck around a little bit and ease some of it's tensions as well as change positions, I can get back to sleep. Oddly enough, this only happens in the mornings at around 6am, and I usually am able to get back to sleep and wake up again at 8 for class.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

firechick HB User

Hi There
One thing you should rule out is head position being the cause of the lightheadedness. If you lay back on the bed with your head off the end of the bed at a 45 degree angle to either side, do you get dizzy? Or more simply, if you just tip your head up quickly or move into a different head position and you feel either very lightheaded or actual spinning, you could be dealing with BPPV. It would not explain the sinus part of things (I don't think) but if your dizziness is related to head position you can do some positioning maneuvers to get rid of this problem (see the first thread on this board for BPPV and the MEP to read about it).
I am just curious because you both have mentioned head position and the different effects it has on your symptoms. It could be entirely something else as you are having other symptoms too.
Hope I haven't confused things too much!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
(male)

feelswierd18 HB User

I've noticed I've only been getting the lightheadedness in the afternoons now, after I've been outside in our ridiculously hot,humid weather. I don't even have headaches until the nighttime.

In response to firechick, I don't think it could be BPPV, as I don't get vertigo. It's just a lightheadedness that makes me feel like I'm gonna tip over sometimes! But it's never spinning and doesn't inhibit my balance.

Oh, and to add - I performed those tests you mentioned and never experienced any spinning vertigo. It just seems like once late afternoon-night kicks in, my head goes under pressure (temples and front), may get mild headaches associated with this pressure, and there will feel like there is mucus caught in my throat - and sometimes one of my nostrils will become clogged. Lightheadedness is nonexistant in the morning/noon timeslot.

I feel I may have a nasty sinus infection - because I had light fevers in May and I just haven't treated it with an antibiotic. I have a doc appt. next week. Does this sound plausible to you anyone?

Last edited by feelswierd18; 08-19-2005 at 04:32 PM.

Old 08-20-2005, 04:12 AM   #8

Sing Blue Silver HB User

It could be the problem that you picked up another infection easier cause the other one wasnt out of your system properly?

An antibiotic should hope fully clear it all up

Hope you feel better soon

Old 08-21-2005, 07:25 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

I had symptoms of dizziness, nausea, weakness and that full head feeling, and it turned out to be an inner ear infection. If you don't take care of it right away, it could cause hearing loss. Anyone who has any of these symptoms should go to a doc right away and make sure it's not an inner ear infection!

Closed Thread