It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
(male)

wtjohnson512 HB User
sharp ear pain!!

For the last week iv'e been getting a sharp stabbing pain in my right ear that is there for like a second and then goes away. I get a mild pain in my left every so often also. It will happen throughout the day but seems to be worse in the morning. I dont have a fever and it doesnt hurt when I tug on it so I dont think I have an ear infection. Im a 24 year old male. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

Old 08-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Re: sharp ear pain!!

I get that stabbing pain sometimes too. I also use to get it way before this ever happened to my ears and my husband and other family members have said they felt it too. It would only happen every once in a blue moon. I don't think it is anything serious or anything to worry about unless you are getting it very frequently. If you feel better about it, have a doctor check to just make sure you don't have an ear infection.

Good luck,
Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 03:56 AM   #3
(female)

dogologist HB User
Re: sharp ear pain!!

I've been having that ever since my dizziness started 6 years ago, and it still happens several times most days. The dizzier I am, the more pain I get, sometimes so sharp that it brings tears to my eyes or makes me feel faint, but usually just painful enough to be briefly annoying. My ENT says I'm imagining it, and LL admits that she has no idea what's causing it, as my MRI was clear and an ultrasound just showed an inflamed lymph node. It's probably middle rather than inner ear related, as the inner ear apparently has no sensory neurons, according to LL.

No answers, sorry!
Ann

Closed Thread