It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
FAtigue

hey just wondering how long people have experienced fatigue for off and on from Viral Labs.. been about a month now..while the dizziness is feelin pretty good, better, still get bouts where i feel off balance or lightheaded. but i'm still feelin fatigued and lously somtimes.. anybody had this before?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: FAtigue

Hi
I had really terrible fatigue with this, and it took months to get over it. They thought I had post viral fatigue but it was just an after effect of the body dealing with all the dizzyness. I still get it now, whenever I am really dizzy I get so tired I can hardly move - I get home and go to bed. Its definately related to the dizzyness in me, I had lots of tests, and it is worse when the dizzyness is worse. I think its a lot of hard work for the brain dealing with the dizzyness and it just uses up so much energy.

The fatigue didn't really kick in until about a month after starting with labs for me. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

yeah this is getting rediculous. i've now had a cat scan, MRI with and without contrast, bloodwork, and its all come back normal.. which is good, im not upset about that.. they've looked at everything from brain problems to MS and say im normal.. so now im just wondering what the hell is wrong with me!? it seems that the lorezapam they gave me helps calm my inner ear down and the vertigo, and im good for a few days after, then i get hit again like today when i woke up. weird, anybody kno what this is or whats going on?

Old 10-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

This is such a frustrating illness. My guess is that you are suffering from some decomensation. You are fine for a few days and then you do something that your brain doesn't understand or can't deal with in its new capacity and it falls over becasue it can't cope with it. Anything different may cause problems. The way the brain learns after this illness is by repetition, so the more you do something the easier it becomes for the brain to know whats going on and then it deals with it better. However the first time(s) it may cause a problem. I got setbacks loads during this - when I gardened as I was up and down a lot, throwing a ball around, getting new glasses, are just a few examples of what caused me problems. And it doesn't necessarily happen straight after the event either, so you may do something today and feel the effect tomorrow.

The good news is that you are getting good days and this shows real progress. Your brain is learning and coping most of the time. Although you will still get bad days but over time these will get less and the good days will get more. I found with me that it was a cycle and I would have good days and then bad days, but the bad days gradually get less and less bad and become easier to bear and not as bad as they were.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

I had extreme fatigue in the first 4 or 5 months then it became less and less and now it is every so often with this illness; like today for instance. I do know the more I would walk, the better I felt. I really believe some exercise really helps with this illness. Start small and work your way up. When I first started walking, I could only walk a few blocks and now I can walk 2 to 2 1/2 miles every day. It really helps clear my head and I believe has helped tremendously with the fatigue. I'm still battling the head symptoms but the dizziness, I believe is almost gone.

Hi ya Tesss,

Just wondering how your surgery went? Are you feeling any better in regards to your other medical problem? I've been so/so. One day I'm up and really think I'm going to beat this thing and the next I feel like crap again. My head hurt all day today and my vision is really crummy today. I'm sick of listening to this noise in my head. It is so dark and dreary out today. At least if it's like this, let it rain. It hasn't even rained a drop. Argh, I hate fall/winter. I was wondering today if I will be normal again by next summer.

Anyway, I hope your surgery has brought you some relief. Are your eyes still improving from the last time I talked to you.

Take care,
Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 10-11-2005 at 02:45 PM.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

Hi Gloria
I was wondering how you are. Im still feeling knocked out from the surgery. It was extensive surgery they said. I felt really bad afterwards in terms of the general anaesthetic which made all the eye stuff really bad - I couldn't look out the car window on the way home from the hospital the day after, but its settled down a lot already. Just starting to get up and about. In terms of the endometriosis, they removed some adhesions (scar tissue), endometriosis and also an ovarian cyst, so I hope that it will have done some good. Thanks for asking.

In terms of dizzyness I am so so, same as you. Just not seen any recent improvement -for me the driving is the key thing. I think if I get that sorted then I will be much improved. I too think about next summer and think that I will be well by then. We will get there I am sure of that.

Sco24, how are you doing, and does the above stuff help
Lots of love and best wishes
Tesss

Old 10-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Hi Tesss,

I'm so sorry the surgery was so rough. Hopefully things will calm down with the dizziness from the surgery and hopefully your pain from the endometriosis will improve to no more discomfort. I have a friend that had the surgery done and she felt so much better afterwards.

Strange about the driving for you. I never had a problem with the driving and my vision seems better when I am driving or at least it doesn't seem to bother me in the car. It is so weird how things affect everyone differently and how everyone's symptoms are different with this vestibular stuff.

Question for you.....Do you think you have blurred or fuzzy vision too? I can't quite figure out how to describe what I am seeing. It is like it is blurred but yet I can read signs or book titles perfectly. I still feel like my eyes are tired and strained. They probably are between crying and reading this computer screen too much.

I know the two things that bother me the most now are my vision and the tinnitus. If they would improve, I really don't think I'd feel quite as awful as I do.

Feel better,
Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 10-12-2005 at 01:59 PM.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

yeah it does, thanks tess and gloria. much appreciated as always

Scott

Old 10-13-2005, 01:30 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

Gloria
What you say about the vision really hits home - I don't have blurred vision but sometimes I feel I can't really read the page/screen/newspaper clearly yet I am able to understand the words even though I can't read them. I feel like I am reading by instinct sometimes! SOunds crazy but I think you will know what I mean. This is really odd but I think it is this that makes driving so hard for me, so it is so strange that you can drive and feel better driving. I will be really interested to hear what happens at your eye appt, and sorry to hear about your headaches. Are you still taking tablets for anxiety?
Best wishes
Tesss

Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #10
(male)

Sportsfan1 HB User

Hey Sco24.

I am in the same boat that you are...been battling for almost 9 weeks and the fatigue usually hits me when I have a bad dizzy spell...heart races, get dizzy and then really tired...have to lay down and go to sleep. I have to say that it is getting better but I am still fighting naseau which of course goes with these inner ear things and it can be frustrating...the fatigue really hurts when I am at work and feel like I need to go home...my job is pretty demanding so I need to stick out and suck it up which will probably help me heal faster.

Do you notice that the fatigue hits you fast and hard after a spell?

Have a good one,

Sportsfan

Old 10-16-2005, 10:39 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User

yeah normally feel wiped and lousy after a spell.. its been 5 weeks or so now, still feelin lousy every now and then.. comes in cycles. God i wonder if i'll ever feel normal again. ha...

Old 10-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #12
(male)

Sportsfan1 HB User

Have confidence...we will all feel normal again at some point, although it may take a little longer for some than others. Remember, if you are having good days and bad days (like me) than you are doing better than you were when it was a bad day every day...

hang in there...

Closed Thread