It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

OffBalance29 HB User
Ear Blocked/Off Balance/Pressure

I'm sure that my symptoms are basically the same as many of you here. Since the summer time of 2005, I've been having a feeling like my right ear is blocked. I wasn't really having vertigo/balance issues at the time but then I got a cold/sinus infection around late July and I have not been right since. I was lifting weights and running and felt great for the most part and then August/September came and I noticed that at times it felt like I was off balance.

I was getting headaches and had some pressure on my face but nothing overly severe. Finally, I had enough when my right eye started to puff up and I felt pressure behind it, above and below. I started to panic and think the worst so I finally went to an ENT in October. Basically, he listened to my "story" and said he thought he knew what the issue was. After examining me further, he said I have a deviated septum. Since I was not able to breathe fully through my right side of my nose, he said it was affecting my Eustachian tubes and thus throwing off my balance. Well, he said surgery is an option but also put me on Allegra and nasal spray since he said I also have an allergy of some sort. I have always had allergy issues, some years pretty bad, and some years non-existent. I blew off my follow up visit this past November because it was such a busy time and I thought this would just go away. Nearly 5 months after the major balance problems showed up, I'm still having them. I want to think that this is all sinus related because I have pressure below and above me eye almost all of the time. I can't help but feel hopeless though. One day I'm somewhat normal and on a day like today in NJ (cold, clammy, damp/rainy), my head is puffy, my ear is full and sore, and I'm way off balance.

I'm tired of feeling hopeless actually because I want to feel better and do the things I was doing just 6 months ago. I guess I'm posting here for support from people that know what I'm going through since most people think I'm just complaining and so on. I have another ENT visit this Friday so I hope to get some answers. I'll go for the CT scan as much as that scares me if I must but I just want answers already. I'm sure all of you feel the same way on this board.

Thanks for reading and feel free to offer advice!

Last edited by OffBalance29; 01-23-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

trittsneighbor HB User
Re: Ear Blocked/Off Balance/Pressure

did you find out what it was? I have a stopped up left ear and went for a cat scan yesterday and it came back fine. I guess no tumors but still, what in the heck is wrong with my ear? I can't hear, and it feels like someone turned a water hose on and filled up my head.

Closed Thread