It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

Lauren29 HB User
Wind sound in ears....

I have this wind rushing sound in my ears everytime I take a breath.....has anyone else experienced this? I just wonder what it is....and if it is a part of the VN. There are so many symptoms to this ear problem. Hope everyone is doing well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Re: Wind sound in ears....

Lauren,

I had so many symptoms in the beginning of this that I couldn't even count them on my fingers.

Is this noise different from the everyday tinnitus you mentioned you had on another post?

I know that with time little by little I notice symptoms have disappeared but that is over the course of a year.

The only time I had the sound of wind blowing in my ear is last January (2005) after I had my ear drum surgically drained from fluid buldging my eardrum after a severe ear infection. In other words, I had a hole in my ear drum until it closed up (about a week) and then the wind blowing went away.

I would probably say you are experiencing another form of tinnitus. Wait it out a few days or if you don't feel comfortable with that give your doctor a call and see what they say.

Take care - Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #3
(male)

dazz75 HB User

Lauren,
I have also had this sound during stages of my inner ear disorder. As Gloria mentioned, there are so many symptoms that go with this problem, that its hard to keep track of. An interesting idea is to keep a diary of all of these symptoms, and in the years to come, you can look back on it all and totally amaze yourself how you managed to get through it all (although you may not feel like this at the moment).
Just a thought..
Dazz....

Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
(female)

Lauren29 HB User

Thank you Gloria and Dazz for the replies! I have pretty much had this sound as long as I have had the VN....and doctors haven't really been able to tell me what it is. Gloria...I still have the tinnitis...the low buzz sound in my ears along w/ the wind sound....the buzz sound is annoying but I only notice when it is quiet.....the wind sound is all the time and way more bothersome to me. I guess it has to be something blowing on my eardrum b/c it is the same sound in your ears if you were to go out on a windy day. I just hope that it will all go away eventually.....I keep remembering Lizzy's posts were one by one her symptoms starting going away....slowly but they still went!

Old 01-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Hi Lauren,

I can tell you that I posted an inspirational story not too long ago on the boards and the lady that had the tinnitus that went away in my story; she said her's sounded like wind blowing a hundred miles an hour. To make the long story short, her's went away at the 6th month mark so hang in there. I don't think there is anyone else on this board that has complained about tinnitus as much as I have. I really know how bothersome it is. I think I have cried more over the noise than the headaches, pressure or dizziness.

As Lizzy said, one by one her symptoms went away and a little over a year into this I can honestly say that is what I have noticed myself. I didn't really start to notice symptoms disappate until about the 9th month and then again in the 12th month my vision and dizziness improved. Now that is lingering is mostly headache, pressure, funky ears and the tinnitus. I do have this overall feeling of not something right and on occassion I still get mild dizziness and vision problems but they are not anywhere near as bothersome as prior to December.

Did I read that you were in your 6th month? Keep hanging in there. I know, believe me, I know how hard it is and how alone you feel, but we on this board are here and understand.

Take care and have a good night. - Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 01-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
(male)

dazz75 HB User

Lauren,
I have had tinnitus for about two years now. It started off as a soft ringing and gradually worstened to a louder ring and popping. At the moment I experience a loud ring(very annoying), popping, some wind sounds, and at times the ringing can intensify and cause a partial deafness in my left ear.
This was the first symptom I got with my disorder, and it was'nt until 10 months later that I got the constant vertigo, and in the months to follow, the stiff neck, anxiety, palpatations and so on... However, my problem is not VN, so you cant really compare it to what you are experiencing. Just letting you know what others go through..
Dazz..

Old 01-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Lauren,

I just want to mention that reading into things on these boards too much can only cause more grief and anxiety. Use them wisely for information and support. I use to get myself so wrapped up in the negativity on these boards rather than concentrating on the positivity that it hurt me more than helped me. Everyones been great here but at the same time reading about someone else having a condition for years doesn't necessarily mean that will happen to you. We may all experience similar symptoms, but the cause, how we approach our symptoms and our bodies response to the illness is all different. In other words, what is for one person may not necessarily be for the other person.

Take care - Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 01-26-2006 at 07:56 AM.

Closed Thread